QF v Munster Away Info

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Duckjnr
Novice

QF v Munster Away Info

Post by Duckjnr »

>TM v :red:

Thought I'd start a new thread where everyone can stick down potential travel arrangements with hotels, pubs etc all in the one place as these discussions are popping up all over the show already!
NS
DavyG
Steward

Re: QF v Munster Away Info

Post by DavyG »

6 x at the Radisson Blu.

:salut: :red:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
trewbear
Novice

Post by trewbear »

Will URSC be running buses from belfast?
philelwood
Novice

Post by philelwood »

6 heads for The George on O'Connell Street.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im staying at the Best Western.
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

OK. I've taken a risk and booked my hotel, The Limerick Strand for Sat and Sunday nights.

Flights also booked, Heathrow to Shannon, arriving 11.20 Sat morning, going back Monday evening. Problem is, the longer I wait, the higher the flight prices......

Im hoping the Amlin games will be on the Friday night, and we are the main feature Sat afternoon. If Im wrong, then i'll just hang around Limerick and get trollied all weekend........... :drunken: :red: :red:
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

IOW'er .. I'm assuming you have booked Aer Flingus ... what sort of price did you get for that if you don't mind me asking - as Ryanairs prices shot up from yesterday morning to when I looked again in the afternoon .. may look to go via Heathrow myself .. ta
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

2 booked here for the Best Western - holding 3 nights Fri / Sat & Sun atm. Planning on driving down and making a weekend of it.

I'm told the team usually stays at The Strand when they play Munster for any of you stalkers out there :wink:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

When will we know exact time and date of the game?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

It states on the Munster website sometime in Feb.
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Surrey Red Hand.

Flights from Heathrow to Shannon cost me £275 for two of us, leaving 9.50 and arriving Sat morning 11.20 . Flying back to Heathrow Mon evening at 5.20 pm. Not looking forward to the 2am start from the Island, but hey, that's life!

Couldn't get anything from Gatwick, and took the risk booking now as I will be priced out if I wait any longer. I see Mr Ryanair has already jumped on the bandwagon! >#

If the game's at the Aviva, then it's hire car at Shannon and a deranged road trip across country! :salut:
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

isleofwighter wrote:Surrey Red Hand.

Flights from Heathrow to Shannon cost me £275 for two of us, leaving 9.50 and arriving Sat morning 11.20 . Flying back to Heathrow Mon evening at 5.20 pm. Not looking forward to the 2am start from the Island, but hey, that's life!

Couldn't get anything from Gatwick, and took the risk booking now as I will be priced out if I wait any longer. I see Mr Ryanair has already jumped on the bandwagon! ># If the game's at the Aviva, then it's hire car at Shannon and a deranged road trip across country! :salut:

Indeed he has .. just hope for your sake it's NOT on the friday .. will have a peek at those flights as Heathrow good for me
Backed_up
Novice

Post by Backed_up »

Last couple of years details of QFs were announced on 26th Jan and in 2009 it was 27th so hopefully we might know by the end of the week if ERC and Sky etc get the finger out.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Just heard that the Best Western in Limerick is fully booked already folks so any of you who def plan on travelling will need to strike soon with hotels.

It's already sizing up to be a belter of a weekend :bounce:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ffs it's only down the road in Turnipstan not in some hard to get to dump like Llanelli or even back to Clermont or other foreign destination that involves planes trains and automobiles, limited number will be coming from the eastern island back home to the mainland and there are a shed load of flights between here and UK, price won't change much as it is already probably through the roof as all sorts of natives will be coming home for Easter anyway, 90%+ will be coming down from the Province and probably 50% + will do it as a day trip anyway.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best