New song?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

cardoc
Novice

Re: New song?

Post by cardoc »

Setanta wrote:From the rolling Glens of Antrim
Tae the hills of Donegal
We will stand and shout for Ulster
As we win both scrum and maul
From the lovely lakes of Fermanagh
Tae the shores of old Lough Gall
We will scream and shout for Ulster
As we beat them one and all

(to the tune of “Halls of Montezuma”)
repeat ad nauseum!!
This is still the best dedicated Ulster Rugby song that I've heard well done Setanta :salut: If it were to be sung just before kick off as Stand up and Fight was at Thomond it would get the supporters and the team stirred up. :bounce: Now who could we get to make a rousing recording of it
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

namron wrote:Ah yes me auld school thrashers `Stiff little Fingers`. Alternative Ulster was a blinder and should be our rockin it in the stands song at the end. They should do a gig after the match it would sell out. 8)get on the ball Jake!
To be fair Alternative Ulster is very hard to sing along to. So many words so little time. I doubt too many even know the words. And for gods sake don't get them started on the merits of the 'dog of repression'. :duck:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

One more punt!!!!!!

To the tune of Winter Wonderland, (walking in a Winter Wonderland) I've heard others use the tune for Walking in a Humphreys Wonderland!

Raven hill Roar, are you Listening?

One the pitch, white shirts a-glistening.

A beautiful sight,

Ulster's White Knights.

Play for the team's Red Hand.

:lol:

Must be right up there with "Soda Bread, Tatey Bread, Come on Ulster"

Or My old man said be an Ulster Fan - heard while passing the Scoop.
Agers
Novice

Post by Agers »

Listen to Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

For the whole intro change the word thunder to Ulster and imagine it belting out in a packed Ravenhill...EPIC :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Agers wrote:Listen to Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

For the whole intro change the word thunder to Ulster and imagine it belting out in a packed Ravenhill...EPIC :red:
Leinster have been using it this past season
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Agers
Novice

Post by Agers »

Gutted...there goes that idea
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

:oops: Apologies in advance.. It lacks rhyming genius of the original and has probably been done already, but it is actually stuck in my head now..

There is a farmer we all love and Besty is his name-o,
B-E-S-T-Y!
B-E-S-T-Y!
B-E-S-T-Y and Besty is his name-o!
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

If I lived anywhere else in the world, or supported any other team I'd suggest a quick rework of Springsteen's No Surrender, back in the day when I did things like errr, visit the gym, it was on my Sony Walkman (yes, it was that long ago).
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Boot
Novice

Post by Boot »

Big fan off all the NI punk bands and agree that most of the songs are there to be listened to rather than to be sung,unless you have a decent sound system to blare you out anyway.Funnily enough though I can remember seeing Terri Hooley and the Outcasts singing this song and it still puts a shiver down me back,it is a song for a country boy that really makes me feel an identity with Belfast,alas I can't seem to find a video of the afore mentioned singing it but I will leave you with this little taster,decent eye candy,don't forget boots can be made for rucking as well as walking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww
Christoff
Novice

Post by Christoff »

We could steal a song from the ROI fans that we sing. Its easy to learn and catchy and good for a few chants.

ROI Sing ...
'Come on you boys in Green,
Come on you boys in Green,
Come on you boys, Come on you boys in Green.

If you haven't figured it out yet we change the word green to white :). I don't know the name of the song so I've posted a link to ROI supporters singing it. You have to start at about 28 seconds to hear it properly. It will all make sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpKNkH9dIBM

Or change the entire line to 'Stand up you men in White' ???
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Christoff wrote:We could steal a song from the ROI fans that we sing. Its easy to learn and catchy and good for a few chants.

ROI Sing ...
'Come on you boys in Green,

If you haven't figured it out yet we change the word green to white :). I don't know the name of the song so I've posted a link to ROI supporters singing it. You have to start at about 28 seconds to hear it properly. It will all make sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpKNkH9dIBM

Or change the entire line to 'Stand up you men in White' ???

Eh.... Been to the RDS lately?
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

keep it simple with SUFTU it is our trade mark... if there was such a thing a a DJ then a little bit of SLF and even The Undertones or Snow Patrol to compete with the Dubliners !!! if they played the best band ever to come out of Ireland ie Thin Lizzy even I would have to sing along.

Both sets of fans could well make this one of the best HEC finals for atmosphere just a pity so many of us Northerners are unabe to laugh at ourselves and get over being so PC.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU