URSC: Meet the Lions and Baa Baa

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

URSC Secretary
Initiate

URSC: Meet the Lions and Baa Baa

Post by URSC Secretary »

The URSC’s first Meet the Players gathering of 2013/14 season will feature Ulster’s three 2013 British & Irish Lions Tommy Bowe, Rory Best & Tom Court – and Jared Payne, who played for the Barbarians against the Lions in the first match of their tour in Hong Kong.

There will be a Q&A session, plus opportunities for autographs and photos.

As ever, there will be a ballot with fantastic, money can’t buy, signed Lions and Baa Baas items to be won!

The Lions & Baa Baas Night takes place on Monday 23 September at 7.30 at Ravenhill.

Entry is free to URSC members – £5 for non members.
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: URSC: Meet the Lions and Baa Baa

Post by Kofi Annan »

Any Food?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:Any Food?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Excellent reminder to renew Mr Sec. :thumleft: We'll be there. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Kofi

Yes the aim will be to provide something...though chicken wings are unlikely.....
Visit our web site:

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Can we collect tickets at the Leinster friendly?
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

damian

The answer is yes....we'll be in under the Memorial end stand....somewhere!
Visit our web site:

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

URSC Secretary wrote:damian

The answer is yes....we'll be in under the Memorial end stand....somewhere!
Trap 2? (or will your new wee desk be ready in time?)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Just had word from Ulster Rugby that the tickets for this event have been printed....so queue up at the URSC information point under the Memorial Stand at the Leinster and Glasgow matches to get your 13/14 membership sorted out and pick up your Lions & Baa Baa ticket.

As part of the count down to 23 September we will reveal each week a ballot prize (tickets £1 each) that only those attending the event can win:

Week 1: A B&I Lions v Barbarians match programme signed by kicking hero and all round good guy, Leigh Halfpenny.

Another prize will be revealed next week.....
Visit our web site:

LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

URSC Secretary wrote:Just had word from Ulster Rugby that the tickets for this event have been printed....so queue up at the URSC information point under the Memorial Stand at the Leinster and Glasgow matches to get your 13/14 membership sorted out and pick up your Lions & Baa Baa ticket.

As part of the count down to 23 September we will reveal each week a ballot prize (tickets £1 each) that only those attending the event can win:

Week 1: A B&I Lions v Barbarians match programme signed by kicking hero and all round good guy, Leigh Halfpenny.

Another prize will be revealed next week.....

Should members not attending the event be given the opportunity to purchase a ballot ticket , as the supporters club is running the event? Maybe the entrance ticket should include the ballot?
"This doesn't look good Parker"
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Lady P,

Not an unreasonable question.

We sell ballot tickets at the event on the night. We think this adds to the occasion (particularly when the prize is handed over by a player) and we believe it acts as a small incentive for members to actually come along to the event. Frankly absentee prize winners inevitably bring calls of "re-draw, re-draw" and it can be something of an anti-climax.

Tickets to the event itself are free to URSC members. If we included a ballot ticket with the entry ticket then we would have to charge.... and we'd have to collect monies over a longer period of time (not just on the night). Some people object to ballots on principle, so it would be difficult to charge them, whilst others will want to purchase 10 tickets. it all gets somewhat confusing - especially when we also have the on-going Big Ballot.

URSC has plenty of other ballots, competitions, freebies and prizes on offer throughout the season to all members such as the Stand Up competitions with great Ulster kit prizes from In-Sport, a random voter for the URSC Player of the Year gets a prize (this year an Ireland ball signed by PoY Andrew Trimble - won by a lady from L'derry), our away bus trips regularly feature a ballot for a signed shirt and/or freebies from Bank of Ireland, as well as the annual Big Ballot which has numerous rugby and non rugby prizes and, of course, the draws to win "the right to buy" (Autumn and 6 Nations) international tickets.

Alternatively, you could ask someone you know (and trust!) who is going to an event to buy you a ticket on the night and hand you over the prize if you win.

Hope this helps explain why we do what we do.
Visit our web site:

LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

URSC Secretary wrote:Lady P,

Not an unreasonable question.

We sell ballot tickets at the event on the night. We think this adds to the occasion (particularly when the prize is handed over by a player) and we believe it acts as a small incentive for members to actually come along to the event. Frankly absentee prize winners inevitably bring calls of "re-draw, re-draw" and it can be something of an anti-climax.

Tickets to the event itself are free to URSC members. If we included a ballot ticket with the entry ticket then we would have to charge.... and we'd have to collect monies over a longer period of time (not just on the night). Some people object to ballots on principle, so it would be difficult to charge them, whilst others will want to purchase 10 tickets. it all gets somewhat confusing - especially when we also have the on-going Big Ballot.

URSC has plenty of other ballots, competitions, freebies and prizes on offer throughout the season to all members such as the Stand Up competitions with great Ulster kit prizes from In-Sport, a random voter for the URSC Player of the Year gets a prize (this year an Ireland ball signed by PoY Andrew Trimble - won by a lady from L'derry), our away bus trips regularly feature a ballot for a signed shirt and/or freebies from Bank of Ireland, as well as the annual Big Ballot which has numerous rugby and non rugby prizes and, of course, the draws to win "the right to buy" (Autumn and 6 Nations) international tickets.

Alternatively, you could ask someone you know (and trust!) who is going to an event to buy you a ticket on the night and hand you over the prize if you win.

Hope this helps explain why we do what we do.
No :D
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

There is no pleasing some people. Personally I have found the arrangements perfectly acceptable.
One has to understand that the supporters club is run by volunteers who give of there own time and talents.
If anyone thinks that they can do better then of course they are free to try but from my experiences very few of the critics are prepared to as they say " put there money where there mouth is".

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Aird wrote:There is no pleasing some people. Personally I have found the arrangements perfectly acceptable.
One has to understand that the supporters club is run by volunteers who give of there own time and talents.
If anyone thinks that they can do better then of course they are free to try but from my experiences very few of the critics are prepared to as they say " put there money where there mouth is".

Sorry I don't get your rant. I was only asking about the ballot as I am working that night .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LadyP wrote:
Aird wrote:There is no pleasing some people. Personally I have found the arrangements perfectly acceptable.

Sorry I don't get your rant. I was only asking about the ballot as I am working that night .
For IR M'lady?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.