Leicester v Ulster January

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leicester v Ulster January

Post by damianmcr »

Blame Snipe!!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:Blame Snipe!!
No
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Have to wait to the end of this month to look at tickets. Reckon there will still be some?
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Ulster Rugby will have their allocation.
I am waiting for that so as to be in the middle of the SUFTUM crowd.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Whilst waiting for Mrs Trousers to ready herself on Saturday I booked flights hotel & car hire. Boy am I going to be irritated if its a Friday night game :lol: :lol: :lol: Early Saturday to early Monday for me.

I am not revealing the location of my hotel so that when I find out who intends to be there I may cancel & rebook, I mean to be honest, I'm a tolerant man, but FFS you wouldn't want to share a hotel with the Knocknagoney Mike brigade & their horribly painted bakes lowering the tone. :roll:

Currently booked for a total spend of £191 for 2 peeps, none too Craigavad.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
devonredhand
Novice

Post by devonredhand »

Tickets booked through Leicester site for their terrace. £22 I think they were. Looking forward to it now!
ulster_brum
Novice

Post by ulster_brum »

Got my tickets in hand - they just have * Weekend of Saturday 18th January 2014 printed on them with a note underneath to say Date and Time to be confirmed as per previous posters comments. SUFTUM
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:No URSC bus :-(
You seemed surprised and let down, don't be, you will get used to it :D
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

No BBJ tomorrow night as well :-(

No point in taking the autograph book now.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Well here is one curry house to avoid in January!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -show.html

Curry that upset the hygiene squad: Four health inspectors caught up in food poisoning outbreak at restaurant that featured on Hairy Bikers' showThe Kayal in Leicester was closed on November 6 after 19 people fell ill

The Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood visited the restaurant earlier this year to learn how to make spinach dosa
Owner Jaimon Thomas said it is the first time since opening in 2008 they have had any problems with customers falling ill
Last month inspectors rated the eaterie 'very good' awarding it five stars

An outbreak of food poisoning is bad news for any restaurant. Especially when a group of council health inspectors are amongst the unlucky diners.

Almost half of the ten-strong group of inspectors fell ill after dining at the Kayal eaterie on a work night out earlier this month.
As a result, the south Indian restaurant has been closed until further notice until tests confirm the source of an outbreak which has claimed 19 victims in total.

Four health inspectors fell ill after eating at the Kayal restaurant in Leicester/ Last month council inspectors awarded the eaterie five stars

The restaurant, in Leicester, has received five-star ratings in its last three council inspections - the most recent of which was just last month. It has also won awards for its service and standards and has featured on Hairy Bikers’ Best Of British BBC2 show.

Earlier this year the Great British Bake Off’s Paul Hollywood also visited the restaurant to learn how to make spinach dosa. As part of the episode for his BBC2 series, Bread, Hollywood told viewers: ‘We have here a very good Indian restaurant called Kayal and they make some of the best tasting bread I have ever had.

‘Rice-based, lentil-based, flour-based, it doesn’t seem to matter to these guys, they produce pure magic.’
The restaurant was closed on November 6 after 19 people reported feeling unwell over the previous fortnight. Samples of food have been taken away for analysis.

The Kayal in Leicester has featured on the BBC show Hairy Bikers

Owner Jaimon Thomas said the group of 10 Leicester City Council officers visited the restaurant for a social event on November 2, and four became ill.

He added: ‘It was unlucky that we had the council in, and that it included health inspectors, but we would obviously be concerned if anyone at all reported feeling ill.

‘We’ve been open since 2008 and this is the first time we’ve had any problems whatsoever with people getting sick.
‘We had a number of people come to us and say they had stomach aches. We refunded the money straight away and offered them a free meal, which they gladly accepted.

‘The fact the council health inspectors chose to eat there is testament to how highly they rate the restaurant.’
Mr Thomas said the restaurant has high standards and a ‘very good reputation’, and he was ‘determined’ to discover what had gone wrong.

Last month, a Leicester City Council health inspection team rated the business ‘very good’ and awarded it five stars. On-the-spot visits in May 2012 and October 2010, also resulted in five-star reports.

David Barclay Rhodes, food safety team manager at the council, said: ‘Kayal has always achieved a high level of compliance with food hygiene law. We asked it to close while we investigated a suspected food poisoning outbreak.

‘We do not know what’s made people ill and await the results of samples taken. We can’t comment further.’
Mr Thomas said the restaurant would be using the time it is closed to refit the kitchen. The council said it did not comment on personal information relating to staff, but confirmed there was an outbreak of illness.The restaurant, part of a small chain with branches in Nottingham, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, and West Byfleet in Surrey, is rated 14th out of 664 city eateries on the TripAdvisor website, with a string of positive reviews.

However, the most recent review, posted on Friday, warned of the food poisoning outbreak. The reviewer, called ‘Hannah C’, said she and her partner both fell ill for at least a fortnight after an anniversary meal at the restaurant on October 13.
In a post headed ‘food poisoning’, she wrote: ‘I had to miss work for a week and unfortunately has put me off eating Indian food and chicken. Incredibly disappointing.’
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I hope you've informed the team!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The Kayal - is that the one with the photo of last year's ABs on the wall?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I'm going, think I'm kipping on somebody's sofa.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
drumquinandy
Novice

Post by drumquinandy »

12 tickets purchased from the Tigers site. Holland & Barratt stand block K.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Anyone know when this fixture will be confirmed?

Cutting it a bit fine IMO.