Assistance please

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Assistance please

Post by BaggyTrousers »

With Ulster away this weekend I am forsaking the blue skies of Bangor on Sea on the North Down Gold Coast, leaving my adult children behind and having a much needed break with the adorable Mrs Trousers in Belfast.

Friday night is sorted but Saturday evening needs to be interrupted to see the game at 6.30 :red: and so to my request.

Does anyone know of a city centre bar that is guaranteed to show Ulster games & equipped with satellite TV to pick up S4C? I will of course bring my laptop but a pub would be preferable.

Thanks in anticipation of a flood of helpful replies. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Indiana
Novice

Re: Assistance please

Post by Indiana »

Baggy the bot used to show all the matches and I think Laverys does too.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

The Taphouse (think its changed name now) on Lower Crescent shows all the games as far as I know. Its the bar on the ground floor of what used to be called the Fly.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Thanks guys, going to eat in Cathedral Quarter afterwards so that part of town preferable but then Mrs T would spring for a JosephBaxi if I keep her "Lee & Hank", so that's helpful. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hi Baggy - there's a know-all smart-ass HERE that claims to help people - maybe he can tell you the best place to go?

You have been helped. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

mea97mb wrote:The Taphouse (think its changed name now) on Lower Crescent shows all the games as far as I know. Its the bar on the ground floor of what used to be called the Fly.
Would that be the Bar that's now called er The Fly
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Kofi Annan wrote:
mea97mb wrote:The Taphouse (think its changed name now) on Lower Crescent shows all the games as far as I know. Its the bar on the ground floor of what used to be called the Fly.
Would that be the Bar that's now called er The Fly
They must have changed it back to the Fly then as it was the Fly originally then changed to the Taphouse/Scratch. Obviously been a while since I was there!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Hi Baggy - there's a know-all smart-ass HERE that claims to help people - maybe he can tell you the best place to go?

You have been helped. >EW
Very much doubt that I have, by you anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just for the craic I had a wee gander for old time sake & to see if any lost soul needed my assistance and see you have posted the equivalent of the aged joke, "how do you keep an Irishman busy?" :roll:
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Best bet around the Cathedral end of town is the Kitchen. And I wouldn't rely on that TBH.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

AyeYerMa wrote:Best bet around the Cathedral end of town is the Kitchen. And I wouldn't rely on that TBH.

Problem is the timing. There's undoubtedly some sort of McCaffertyland wendyball match on about then; and the Kitchen will be full of weemin with what seems like half of House of Fraser getting lairy on Rose
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Cloth Ear might be a possibility if around the Cathedral Quarter (or McHughs)
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Try The Garrick on Chichester Street - give them a call Sat to check - a short hike but at least it's still in town - they usually show the Ulster games in the front bar :red:
Finished
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Thanks to all.

Think the Kitchen sounds unpalatable with boozy floozies, sometimes its what you might occasionally welcome if you had too much drink taken to have respect for one's temple, not on Saturday with Mrs T :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

In my experience, neither the kitchen nor the Garrick are reliable for the slightly more obscure matches.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

BR wrote:In my experience, neither the kitchen nor the Garrick are reliable for the slightly more obscure matches.
I agree, there is not in fact anywhere in the CQ (or nearby) that is reliable for rugby at all. You'll always be playing second fiddle to the Wendies and, of an early Saturday evening, the "turn that off and put some music on" folk.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean