URSC charity Meet the (Lions) Players Night

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

URSC Secretary
Initiate

URSC charity Meet the (Lions) Players Night

Post by URSC Secretary »

To mark the 40th Anniversary of the British & Irish Lions unbeaten lour to South Africa, come along to meet and hear the incomparable Lions skipper Willie John McBride, the blindside enforcer and back of the bus singer Stewart McKinney and the classy, playing in all 4 tests, centre Dick Milliken reflect on the most successful Lions tour…ever! This is a unique opportunity – don’t miss it!!

7.30pm on 16th April at the Stormont Hotel

Entry by ticket only.

Tickets are £10 each. Tickets available at the URSC information desk on match night(s).

The proceeds for this event will go to the Wooden Spoon charity.
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URSC charity Meet the (Lions) Players Night

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Will peruse one's diary, but a good show, I was a massive fan of McKinney. Probably Wille-John's finest hour though 1971 was the harder tour & definitely the highlight of Dick Milliken's career ........... well outside of some great nights in the Boston Floodlit Cup I suppose.

We stopped off in the Monasterboice one Sunday on the way home, for a livener or three & to watch Rugby Special after a long Saturday when Ireland beat Scotland & a certain Dungannon flanker scored a try. I went for a slash & returning there was a boy in my chair, I tapped his shoulder and he turned, it was Stewart so quickly I decided he deserved a seat & didn't eject him ............ or die in the attempt. :shock: :shock: :shock: Had a reputation did McKinney. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bttVnp&Vat
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:bttVnp&Vat
Quite so Grumps, couldn't have put it better myself.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:bttVnp&Vat
Quite so Grumps, couldn't have put it better myself.
:thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Tickets can now be purchased on Paypal through www.ursc.co

Roll Up, Roll Up ......to hear the Lions most successful captain and two of his henchmen

....and it's all for charity folks!
Visit our web site:

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Who is Dick Milliken :scratch: there Mr Secretary , bloody auto correct on my Commodore 64.
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Don't know Kofi...Dick Milliken is coming to this event...
Visit our web site:

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:Who is Dick Milliken :scratch: there Mr Secretary , bloody auto correct on my Commodore 64.
I presume I'm missing something here, and Kofi's being very cryptic.

Ulsterman DM was Ian McGeechans centre partner in all 4 tests (and several other matches) in the 74 Lions tour of South Africa......

..... now what have I missed? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Who is Dick Milliken :scratch: there Mr Secretary , bloody auto correct on my Commodore 64.

Ulsterman DM was Ian McGeechans centre partner in all 4 tests (and several other matches) in the 74 Lions tour of South Africa......

Capt , you had to be there from the Start :D Should be a good night . WJB and McKinney will be worth the visit. Milliken has the personality of a dead stoat :thumbdown: forgot who he was earlier .But a good friend of the Colonels .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Capt , you had to be there from the Start :D Should be a good night . WJB and McKinney will be worth the visit. Milliken has the personality of a dead stoat :thumbdown: forgot who he was earlier .But a good friend of the Colonels .
I have been helped :thumleft:

WJMcB and Mckinney are certainly forthright in expressing their views.

Milliken may well be a good friend of the colonel's (from same area), but just to be clear, excellent though the relationship between UR and URSC is, Fit has no hand in puttng this night on in the Stormont - this is purely a URSC event with a little bit of co-operation from Wooden Spoon.
I'm not arguing -
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

It may be for charity,
It may be at the Stormont Hotel
...and it may cost £10 a ticket

But a URSC meet the Players Night always has a brilliant ballot....and no exception this time

Prizes will include:

A white players' Lions training shirt (complete with pouch for your Sat Nav) signed by Ulster's 3 2013 Lions & 2009 Lion Stevie Ferris
Visit our web site:

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

2 Tickets bought, and Stewarty's book being dusted down for a signing I hope :thumleft:
Exterminate all rational thought
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

URSC Secretary wrote:It may be for charity,
It may be at the Stormont Hotel
...and it may cost £10 a ticket

But a URSC meet the Players Night always has a brilliant ballot....and no exception this time

Prizes will include:

A white players' Lions training shirt (complete with pouch for your Sat Nav) signed by Ulster's 3 2013 Lions & 2009 Lion Stevie Ferris
Prizes will also include one or more framed art-works by a Scholar well known on this forum...... signed by the panelists, of course!

Who wouldn't want one (or more) of those?

If you're not in, you can't win ...... make sure you get your admission tickets at the URSC info point on Saturday, or by PayPal through URSC website
I'm not arguing -
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

In addition to the signed players training shirt and signed & framed Stan Dup art.....

Another ballot prize is a British & Irish Lions Supporters rugby shirt from the Australia tour 2013

Get your tickets for the event from the URSC information point at the Connacht match or via Paypal on www.ursc.co
Visit our web site: