A warm welcome to Saracens fans this weekend ...

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

A warm welcome to Saracens fans this weekend ...

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

There has been a lot of tom kite posted on here about Saracens as a Club, I know a lot of it is in jest but I hope ALL Ulster fans welcome Sarries fans over to our city at the weekend and extend them the warm Ulster welcome that we are renowned for

I work with Saracens fans .. drink with them and they are a great bunch, and it's thanks to them that 8 of us Ulster fans (and probably many 100's more) have tickets to the QF in Ravenhill, or else I myself may have had to be watching on telly.

Five Fez man over with us to enjoy the game (DEFEAT for then) obviously I hope, but most of all to enjoy UR and the hospitality that Belfast offers it's visitors, and we will endeavour to give them that ..... looking forward to it immensely

:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: A warm welcome to Saracens fans this weekend ...

Post by Kofi Annan »

Burn them :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

They will be more than welcome. Just hope I don't bump into any of the c**ts I had the misfortune to be in the vicinity of at Twickers.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
trewbear
Novice

Post by trewbear »

Agree with Surrey

Hope Sarries fans come and enjoy our wonderful city and an Ulster win.

:red:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I think it's safe to say that there aren't many of us who like the manufactured innovative tripe this club uses to try and build their 'brand' and the least said about their Chairman the better :duck: but I have no problems welcoming any away supporters to Ravenhill.

I hope those travelling have a great weekend in Belfast, bar the result.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jackie Brown wrote:They will be more than welcome. Just hope I don't bump into any of the c**ts I had the misfortune to be in the vicinity of at Twickers.
Ditto Jackie, I was about 4 seats down from you and they were a*seholes, but the prawn sandwich box brigade tbh. Travelling fans tend to be more hardcore and "proper" supporters imo.
Exterminate all rational thought
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:They will be more than welcome. Just hope I don't bump into any of the c**ts I had the misfortune to be in the vicinity of at Twickers.
Ditto Jackie, I was about 4 seats down from you and they were a*seholes, but the prawn sandwich box brigade tbh. Travelling fans tend to be more hardcore and "proper" supporters imo.
Yep, nothing like a budget airline trip out of the Home Counties to sort the wheat from the chaff. Suspect we will meet the genuine Saracens supporters rather than greasy Nigel's corporate blow-ins.

Saracens were a decent enough club before he got involved. Decent rugby folk will always be welcome at Ravenhill as far as I'm concerned.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Don't want to get involved in the mud slinging going on here and on the Saracens fans forum but here is our take on the weekends events .... EVERY Sarrie fan to a man/woman/child I spoke to in Belfast and on the way back to England on the plane were very complimentary about Northern Ireland, Belfast, and Ravenhill in general.

We were drinking with Saracens fans all day (ok ones we knew from England) and were in touch on sunday with them so they would have been up front HAD they had any animosity from anyone and they said none of such matters ... only that they found the atmosphere somewhat overwhelming as we all did!!

As for Goode being booed off when he was stretchered off is pants ... the booing was from the refs red card decision, and IMO no way directed at Alex Goode.

As for Sarries players being booed off as they run around the pitch, all I saw was Ulster fans applauding the players as Saracens players applauded back ... great PR stunt by the away players .. .even shaking hands with the odd Ulster fan.

IF there were plastic bottles being thrown on the pitch that is a shame and would not be condoned by the vast majority of UR fans, the only thing I saw being thrown on were Fez's .... in jest, which were even picked up by one or two of the players.

Anyway .... no doubt there will be bile spouted (As there has been in this thread) but Saracens fans were well received and more importantly FELT well received, many gracious enough in saying how they felt their great victory was somewhat 'hollowed' after that 'decision' at 4 mins :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Don't want to get involved in the mud slinging going on here and on the Saracens fans forum.
Are some of ours slinging mud on theirs or are they slinging it?
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Bit of both tbh ... though for every bad post re the game there are 2 or 3 positive ones from Sarries fans !!

Christ ... the abuse we get at some of the Welsh games is pretty bad !!