Ask Anscombe

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

URSC Secretary
Initiate

Ask Anscombe

Post by URSC Secretary »

The URSC AGM takes place in the Premium Lounge at Ravenhill at 7.30pm on Wednesday 7 May. Come along and make your voice heard on all things URSC. Perhaps you would like a stint on the Committee or simply help out at particular functions - don't be shy- the Committee always needs new blood and with over a thousand members and events attracting over 200 fans extra help would be welcome!

Following the formal part of the meeting, Mark Anscombe will address the meeting and no doubt answer your questions. This the first time Mark has come to a URSC event and is a great opportunity for members to learn more of what has and is going on at Ulster Rugby.

There will as ever be a prize ballot, and those prizes will be revealed here over the next fortnight.

Ask Anscombe.....7 May.....7.30pm......Ravenhill ......be there!
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Re: Ask Anscombe

Post by URSC Secretary »

In addition to asking Anscombe, there will, as usual at URSC events, be a prize ballot. I promised to reveal the prizes here in the run up to 7 May.

The prizes will have a French flavour....

A France international shirt signed by legend Serge Blanco.....
Visit our web site:

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

In someone else's absence I will ask ....

Will there be chicken wings ..... with French fries?

Are we allowed to ask >6shooter any Ludikrous questions?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

What about the expats? Live stream from Philomena's set up?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

So, who is going to ask >6shooter about the Payne/Cave 15/13 thingy?

And just to be clear, I suspect if you want to know what his answer is, you will need to turn up on the night, because it may not be reportable on a public forum >EW

Just my personal opinion, though ..... what would I know!
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Once a Knight wrote:I wonder if anyone will ask how the move to "taking Ulster to the next level" is going?

Whether just because the tactic of kicking away possession to the opposition back three worked against Montpellier we shouldn't maybe vary it and try something different against other teams who appear capable of catching the ball and running back at us?

What he thinks of Cardiff as a shopping city?

Whether he thinks finishing 5th in a league where there are only 5 competitive teams is success?

Why Ulster appear to maul poorly and defend it even more poorly?

Why Ulster have gone from pushing Leinster for provincial primacy to third place?

Lots of questions which, I suspect, won't be asked but which should liven up this thread. >EW
The purpose of this thread isn't about being livened up, it is about informing fans of an event that might be of interest.

You seem to have a lengthy gripe sheet ..... sorry, ..... list of questions, and not much confidence that others will ask them - why not come along and ask them yourself? (and then you could go ask the Ospreys management your question on finishing 5th) >EW
I'm not arguing -
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Today's French flavoured prize....a Stade Toulouse polo shirt signed by Guy Noves and William Servat.....
Visit our web site:

URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Latest Ask Anscombe ballot prize.... est un mallot d'equipe de Dax......

Bon chance!
Visit our web site:

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'm sure some of the questions will be tricky enough. Gotta give MA some credit for fronting up at a testing time.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Will Eventsec be there?
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Final prize at the Ask Ascombe AGM evening on Wednesday.....Habana 11 Toulon shirt

....well you didn't expect an Ashton 14 Sarries shirt did you?
Visit our web site:

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sadly I won't be there much as I would like to. Nursey says I'm still not allowed to drive. If I was there my favourite question would be, "Hi Mark, could you tell us do you like sex & travel?"
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Just a reminder that tomorrow you can Ask Anscombe at the conclusion of the business part of the URSC AGM.

Baggy and Once a Knight have already suggested questions (well Baggy seemed to be providing advice rather than questions... and advice that I am not sure would pass the BR test >EW ) but there must be lots of other issues that you would want to ask Mark Anscombe on this his first appearance at a URSC event.

Tomorrow at 7.30pm in the Premium Lounge at Ravenhill:

7.30pm URSC AGM....volunteer for the Committee or simply agree to help out on an ad hoc basis....ask the Committee questions....find out how the Committee spent your money....suggest new events....speculate on the return of chicken wings....and vote (4 more years, 4 more years)....

8/8.15pm Ask Anscombe...hear our coach and ask him questions.

9/9.15pm Prize Ballot...France away shirt signed by Serge Blanco; Dax shirt; Toulouse polo shirt signed by Guy Noves & William Servat; and Toulon Habana 11 shirt up for grabs.
Visit our web site:

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I want Maaks analysis of what went wrong in our 8 league defeats to date

If he mentions players more than twice, or a specific player once, he should be thrown out the window

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Once a Knight wrote:I wonder if anyone will ask how the move to "taking Ulster to the next level" is going?A lot of the youngsters are now established valued members of the squad now and acknowledged in our representation at international level. Next year for me will be about a personnel issue and bringing in the right players to fit in the set up, to even consolidate the level we are at now which will be a success in itself.

Whether just because the tactic of kicking away possession to the opposition back three worked against Montpellier we shouldn't maybe vary it and try something different against other teams who appear capable of catching the ball and running back at us?That has at times been over used no question but it has been highly effective especially in the 2 games we played with 14 which forced the tactic. Last year we were criticised for shovelling wide too often and this year it was probably a tactical variation. When it came off it went well with the Tigers, Montpeller and Ospreys away and Saracens at home. Ireland also employed a kicking game which bamboozled Wales. However at the RDS we were kicking for the sake of it and got slaughtered until Paynes introduction.The lesson is not about not kick but instead kick with a purpose and to a plan

What he thinks of Cardiff as a shopping city?Its one hell of a drink up feck the shopping

Whether he thinks finishing 5th in a league where there are only 5 competitive teams is success?-The season isnt over and I think its only fair to deliver judgement until it is. Anything can happen, case in point when you wrote off the unmighty Zebre before the game had kicked off.

Why Ulster appear to maul poorly and defend it even more poorly?-The Munster and Cardiff games were shocking examples of this but the Leicester away was a masterclass in how to defend them. To me it was more about a lack of focus and concentration than anything that cant be put right.

Why Ulster have gone from pushing Leinster for provincial primacy to third place?Munster were in transition last year and have upped their game which they were always likely to do to those in the know.

Lots of questions which, I suspect, won't be asked but which should liven up this thread. >EW
All fair questions OAK which have come up at various points.
Rooster thinks I am MA so I thought I would answer on his behalf.
I would like to ask him(MA not Rooster) what he would have done differently this season given the chance with the benefit of hindsight.