NO FAMILY TICKETS

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BIGBADDON
Novice

NO FAMILY TICKETS

Post by BIGBADDON »

I was applying the other day for a family season ticket for the "Prom". I was told that there were no family tickets available for the West Terrace or the East Terrace. I asked were they all sold out. Nope apparently
there are no family ticket entitlement on these terraces anymore. If I want a family ticket I either shift tent caravan awning and mobile home to the Memorial or Family end.
I've sent an email to UR for an explanation as no reason so or rational explanation could be given on the phone.
Anyone else with the same bover?.

>flog
"Never argue with a drunk man or an idiot"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: NO FAMILY TICKETS

Post by big mervyn »

The East/West terraces have been marketed as "unsuitable for children" all season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BIGBADDON
Novice

Post by BIGBADDON »

My child happens to be 6' and 14 yrs old. Irecken he'll be suitable and has been since he was 6 yrs old.
"Never argue with a drunk man or an idiot"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Personally I have no issues with UR's stance on this one - they have a a family area and if people want to avail of that with any savings they can get, well and good, but if they want to go to another area, I don't see why UR should have to give them preferential rates.

To have offers all over the shop would be unworkable for UR/Ticketmaster, and although you may have a 6-footer, I suspect they might get a few complaints if they sold family tickets for youngsters in areas where they may not be able to see properly.

Just because they offered discounts in an area before, doesn't mean they should be obliged to forever and a day, when they have new facilities available which they consider more suitable than what was available previously.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Wouldn't do any harm to allow family renewals while withdrawing them from new applications. I assume there is still an individual child's discount.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Wouldn't do any harm to allow family renewals while withdrawing them from new applications. I assume there is still an individual child's discount.
Fair point. :thumleft:

Perhaps Mr Baddon might clarify if he had such an arrangement this year in which case I might have some sympathy (I know he's on record on this forum in the past that he might be watching future Ulster matches on tele rather than at Ravers when he was unhappy with the scam UR were (allegedly) pulling a few years ago - despite no details of the alleged "scam" being available at the time).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right