P12 semi

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: P12 semi

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rovi Snave wrote:Question related to 3.7 above - if we play our semi at the RDS (very likely) and IF we win am I right in my reading of the above rule that we would still not have home advantage for the final - we would have to play Munster at home (assuming the Pro 12 agree to this) or Glasgow in a ground with 18,000 plus capacity in Scotland (which might be interesting given Murryfield is out of commission) - correct?
Correct - the one team that cannot get a home final is the 4th seeded team. The home team in the final will be the team team seeded highest at end of the league season that comes through the semis - ie if we beat Leinster, the winner of Glasgow/Munster will have home advantage.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:Question related to 3.7 above - if we play our semi at the RDS (very likely) and IF we win am I right in my reading of the above rule that we would still not have home advantage for the final - we would have to play Munster at home (assuming the Pro 12 agree to this) or Glasgow in a ground with 18,000 plus capacity in Scotland (which might be interesting given Murryfield is out of commission) - correct?
Correct - the one team that cannot get a home final is the 4th seeded team. The home team in the final will be the team team seeded highest at end of the league season that comes through the semis - ie if we beat Leinster, the winner of Glasgow/Munster will have home advantage.
Cheers Grumps :thumleft:
Finished
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

... Unless of course a higher seeded team nominates another teams home ground :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Once a Knight wrote:
big mervyn wrote:... Unless of course a higher seeded team nominates another teams home ground :roll:
Yes, like any team in their right mind would do that! :lol:

I anticipate a ST holder pre-sale on a first come first served basis.
WHAT? No tickets on general sale :duck: ridiculous, what about the arm chair supporters than only go to the big games.... how will they get a ticket?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

There were only about 15k at the last 2 Rabo semis in the RDS, although on those occassions the opposition was Glasgow and Leinster still had European interest.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bert
Novice

Post by Bert »

By some accounts on the Warriors Forum they would consider Rugby Park in Kilmarnock. SRU have hosted games there in the past. Great 18,000 seater stadium and 1hr and 20 mins from Cairnryan, 15 from Troon
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

There were tickets available on the gate for our last semi at the RDS.

I just wonder how many would actually make the trip?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:There were tickets available on the gate for our last semi at the RDS.

I'd be surprised if demand exceeds our allocation.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:

It'll be interesting to find out. Trips like the ERC semi and P12 final will have whetted appetites perhaps. It may well be tight enough.

Looking back - last time, UR opened up the ticket office on the Sat morning for ST holders to pre-purchase. Turned out there was no need in the end. One would assume that they would prefer to do everything through the TM system this time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

It'll be interesting to find out. Trips like the ERC semi and P12 final will have whetted appetites perhaps. It may well be tight enough.

Looking back - last time, UR opened up the ticket office on the Sat morning for ST holders to pre-purchase. Turned out there was no need in the end. One would assume that they would prefer to do everything through the TM system this time.
Won't be Sat this time as the s/f lineup won't be confirmed until about 20:30. Extremely tight schedule for this one as the first semi is on the following Friday.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Would a Friday semi be in our interests? - reason being that we are fielding a development team on Saturday and our potential opponents are both going to be competing for home sf and final advantage, are likely to be fielding more competitive sides, and as a consequence won't want the 6 day turn around.
Big Neville Southall
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The RDS is basically a home game for me so I'm hoping for tickets, but I'm not a ST holder so it's a small hope.

I'll have a higher chance if it's a Friday night.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

PRO12 semi-finals

1 Friday May 16, 7.35pm
2 Saturday May 17, 7pm.

Final

Saturday May 31, 6.15pm
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

DavyG wrote:PRO12 semi-finals

1 Friday May 16, 7.35pm
2 Saturday May 17, 7pm.

Final

Saturday May 31, 6.15pm
Is this an edjamicated guess Davy or do you have a source for this info?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »