Sky Sports free

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

colind
Squire

Sky Sports free

Post by colind »

For anyone like myself who refuses to pay for Sky Sports, this Saturday all the Sky Sports channels are free for 24 hours (Sky Sports 1-5)

This will let you watch the opening Rugby Championship matches - Aus v NZ and Sth Africa v Arg >clapping
glastryman
Novice

Re: Sky Sports free

Post by glastryman »

I also refuse to pay, perhaps a degree of tightness, anyway, thanks to BT SPORT for the pressure on SKY to bring this about
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

glastryman wrote:I also refuse to pay, perhaps a degree of tightness, anyway, thanks to BT SPORT for the pressure on SKY to bring this about
I remember Sky doing this periodically, before BT Sport was even thought off.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

I'm guessing that Sky are doing this to promote their new wendyball channel that's being heavily advertised by Mr Beckham at the moment.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's a marketing ploy that they have used for years. They do the same with the movie channels. It will be a cold day in hell before sky sports is ever free.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Setanta do it a lot

Gatlands

Easterby Out
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Do we just press the button or do we have to do something to sign up for the free 24 hours?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:Do we just press the button or do we have to do something to sign up for the free 24 hours?
The channels are open

Easterby Out
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Just in case you're planning to Sky+ anything to watch later, as far as I'm aware the availability to access any recorded stuff will lapse at the end of the free period.

So if you're recording the Aus v NZ game there's no point in planning to watch it on Sunday afternoon.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Beware the free lunch from SKY.

I long since decided that a life of poverty was preferable to not seeing the HC or the Ryder Cup and have been swelling their coffers enormously as I have the thing in 2 rooms and in each is an HD bax. I also pay Spanish pirates some euros each month to have it in my hovel and yesterday my ould bax packed in so an HD bax installed here too.

My sole point is that they will sign up thousands from their free offer, I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover a few diehards here collapsing in the face of a tempting days viewing of rugby, teasing them into wanting more.

Best ignore it if you prefer to spend your money wisely. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Once a Knight wrote:I've had sky Sports for years and years. They have "taster" days regularly enough and it's got nothing to do with BT.

Sky's coverage of sport, including rugby is the gold standard in the industry IMO. The really re-defined modern sports broadcasting in the UK. Whatever your opinion of Newscorp or the Murdoch empire, the actual product is good.
It is interesting to find sensible considered comment on here Knight, are you sure you are in the right place??????????? Fabulous product, I would much rather it was free but given that my IQ at least marginally exceeds my shoe size I realise this is not possible.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Sky Sports free

Post by Wee Woman »

I've had Sky Sports for 10 years, they have been doing the tasters long before BT entered the market.

I'm getting the movies for 50p a month at the moment, I fully intend to pack it in at the end of the promotional period as they are increasing my monthly subscription by £4 per month from next month.

They'll come back to offer something else free soon enough, It would be great if it was the sports but I won't hold my breath.

You're actually better completely cancelling your subscription and going back as a new customer as they'll break their necks with offers to sign you back up.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I've free Sky Movies at the minute. When my contract is up I'll cancel and get a half price deal. They are always popping up.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FFS I give it chapter & verse, every word a jewel of wisdom, then along comes this new lad OncesttheNIght says more or less the same thing only in words of one syllabub like a sweetie version of yours truly, then out jumps some ne'erdowell called BrianfuckingC and congratulates the young lad on his perspifuckingcacity.

Sometimes I feel I feckin' wasted here.

K, I've been down the rubadubdub the night, Mrs T is rubbered, I've had a liberal few libations but fairs feckin' fair, c'mon nigh, I've done my best to raise the quality of debate around these parts, the odd feckin' nod in my direction wouldn't go afuckingmiss instead of cozying up to some new feckin start.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.