Tigers Away 18th Oct

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tigers Away 18th Oct

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:You'll be packed in like Sardines on that Holland & Barrett terrace with little to no elbow room to sup a pint.

I'm considering taking seats in what used to be the big Cat stand instead myself.
H &B Terrace is grand, never had a problem with the view. Sadly having had to squander several or more hundreds of euros on replacing a pile of stuff in my Spanish hovel last week, it is highly unlikely I will be present. :duh:

5 years of no pension increases leaves Dave an impoverished ould lad.
>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle

What's a pension?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:You'll be packed in like Sardines on that Holland & Barrett terrace with little to no elbow room to sup a pint.

I'm considering taking seats in what used to be the big Cat stand instead myself.
H &B Terrace is grand, never had a problem with the view. Sadly having had to squander several or more hundreds of euros on replacing a pile of stuff in my Spanish hovel last week, it is highly unlikely I will be present. :duh:

Can't hide it much longer, the name's dave, dave cameron

Easterby Out
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Myself and herself will be present to SUFTUM. Staying in the castle park hotel. Cheap enough at £100 for 2 nights and non ulster fry included. Russ you can repeat your exams!
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

2 more for H&B terrace, out Friday back Sunday with easyjet to Birmingham, staying in Mercure.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle

What's a pension?
I believe the definition is:

the few groats paid to a former serf to keep them within touching distance of the workhouse but not quite that desperate, in recognition of the fact that the employer has wrung adequate misery from the employee in the process of stealing away their best years, in a contract of servitude and exploitation.

That barely adequate definition skirts past the pension rules which allow large companies to opt out of their funding of the pension scheme on the nod from half-arsed actuaries playing with their beans. Diplomatically putting it, if you hear if a pension scheme with a "black hole", it's not that old joke about Mohammed Ali, it's that the employer is not meeting their obligations and using slanted legislation to further impoverish their employees. I believe the "industry term" is "taking the pish".

BR, you've been helped.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle

What's a pension?

the few groats paid to a former serf to keep them within touching distance of the workhouse but not quite that desperate, in recognition of the fact that the employer has wrung adequate misery from the employee in the process of stealing away their best years, in a contract of servitude and exploitation.

That barely adequate definition skirts past the pension rules which allow large companies to opt out of their funding of the pension scheme on the nod from half-arsed actuaries playing with their beans. Diplomatically putting it, if you hear if a pension scheme with a "black hole", it's not that old joke about Mohammed Ali, it's that the employer is not meeting their obligations and using slanted legislation to further impoverish their employees. I believe the "industry term" is "taking the pish".

BR, you've been helped.
Okay, one more before I scoot off agin.

Nah - you've got that one wrong for a change Baggy.

A pension is a type of boarding house or guest house. Maybe that's what you have in Spain? :duck:

Anyway, must go and do some work to earn a few groats towards the day I retire! :lol:

Bye!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle

What's a pension?

BR, you've been helped.
Ahh - so it's different to what I call a pension, which is the income from an annuity purchased with money deducted from my meagre, stagnating salary each month and kept in a old bean tin under someone's bed in the vain hope that on the day I am forced to stop working, the market price of that bean tin minus the enormous fees taken by the guy who owns the bed will be greater than the amount it contains.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Any recommendations for spending time in Leicester that weekend?
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lots of good and varied bars open to 6am on Saturday nighy

Easterby Out
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Holland & Barrett for 6 of us. Ending up at the Ibis. Could be a long day - will my Onesie survive?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle

What's a pension?

BR, you've been helped.
Ahh - so it's different to what I call a pension, which is the income from an annuity purchased with money deducted from my meagre, stagnating salary each month and kept in a old bean tin under someone's bed in the vain hope that on the day I am forced to stop working, the market price of that bean tin minus the enormous fees taken by the guy who owns the bed will be greater than the amount it contains.
Oh well, if you want to get all technical, the truth is it's not kept in a bean tin, it's kept in a shoebox named, in your case, BR's Pittance. Furthermore it's not kept under a bed, they have a vault containing shoe-boxes at an undisclosed location, rumoured to be close to where the next Ravens game may or may not be.

What is true absolutely, is that some grasping fecker pays a visit to your shoebox at least once a year and decides to divest your box of several or a wean of pound note coins. This is euphemistically called a "management charge" as that sounds more technically acceptable to the average wage-slave than "Shoebox Rental & Shameless Theft".

Russ can probably confirm that this is exactly how it works.

At least how it currently works, I am daily expecting news that in an effort to make pensions more affordable for business/Govt that a programme of "voluntary euthanasia" will be legalised by Dave & Gideon, an additional lump sum will be paid on retirement, at 65 with the proviso that those "offered" the package will have an all expenses paid trip to Dignitas on their 67 birthday, thus cutting the state pension bill, to quote Hed Teath, at a stroke. For stroke, read humane intravenous injection of Jeyes Fluid.

Genius. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
london_bannsider
Novice

Post by london_bannsider »

I'm not a regular poster on here so please accept my apologies if this is the wrong thread to jump on.

I have a ticket for the game against the Tigers on 18th Oct. I was hoping to travel back to London again after the match.
But from what I can gather the last bus from Leicester is 8.15pm (!!) and the last train is 10pm which I thought might be a little bit tight for getting back on.

Anyone else travelling south after the game? Is there a supporters mini-bus, car share or anything similar, that I could get involved with?

I live in Hendon, North London, so right beside the start of the M1, and would appreciate if anyone had some advice or help to offer.

Thanks in advance.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

[quote="HwoodMike2umate"]Holland & Barrett for 6 of us. Ending up at the Ibis. Could be a long day - will my Onesie survive?[/quote]

Isn't it still 'flood' damaged ??? :roll:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

NO.
ps I miss u 2 mate :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

london_bannsider wrote:I'm not a regular poster on here so please accept my apologies if this is the wrong thread to jump on.

I have a ticket for the game against the Tigers on 18th Oct. I was hoping to travel back to London again after the match.
But from what I can gather the last bus from Leicester is 8.15pm (!!) and the last train is 10pm which I thought might be a little bit tight for getting back on.

Anyone else travelling south after the game? Is there a supporters mini-bus, car share or anything similar, that I could get involved with?

I live in Hendon, North London, so right beside the start of the M1, and would appreciate if anyone had some advice or help to offer.

Thanks in advance.
How dare you post something relevant to the thread title :D

Hope you have luck in joining up with likeminded souls that get you back to Londinium after the match. I guess the times you quote are for the usual suspects, National Express, etc. If you have no luck I suggest you just stay out in town along with the rest of us until the first Megabus leaves on Sunday morning. Pretty sure there is one back to Victoria @ 03:00ish and only costs about £5.

:red: