Welcome To Rotherham!

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Welcome To Rotherham!

Post by fermain »

Kofi Annan wrote:Why would any Ulster fans want to go to Rotterham? Don't be expecting too many Michael , but thanks for the invite.
I thought you said you were going????!!!!!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I have to say, well done Michael on Promoting the club and looking to make visiting fans feel welcome its such a pity Ulster does not ooze the same family local club feel about it as Rotherham, we gone all billy big balls club now and fans are just that .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cockatrice wrote:Was watching a two piece band from Rotherham on Sunday Brunch at the weekend… they asked the girl where was good to go in Rotherham and she said Sheffield… over to Michael.
That's exactly what I did when at a sporting event in Rotherham a year or so ago. Sheffield has some decent ale.

However, it sounds like Michael has got an excellent day in store for any hardy souls making the trip.
Michael Sylvester
Novice

Post by Michael Sylvester »

@Cockatrice Sheffield is a minor unimportant suburb of Rotherham and yes we do have a problem with people going there to mock them for only having a regional rugby team and not recognising Rotherham's cultural contribution to the world such as the Chuckle Brothers & Jive Bunny

@kofi whether its 1 or a 1000 (I wish) that turns up hope we make them welcome and maybe a few expat Ulster men & women over here may discover the joys of Clifton Lane and come cheer on our Ulster boys in a few more games :D

For anybody wanting to follow the game btw we will have score updates on our twitter feed @RotherhamRugby
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I now wish I was free next weekend
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:I now wish I was free next weekend
I am free
I shan't be near Rotherham though

Boycott the Ravens
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I'll tell you this Michael you are a brave man for taking on some of the eejits here !
Fair play to you though for giving some info on Rotherham, I can't ever remember anyone official from anywhere else giving that sort of info, a few individual supporters or supporters clubs have helped out before though.
Hope you have a decent crowd for the match as they have never really caught much attention over here though that is probably partly down to the timing of matches.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 6EdKtWAIMY

Sorry to Michael and any other Rotherhamites but I couldn`t resist this.
Clarkson shows us what we are missing /in for, in the fair city of Rotherham.
I am sure its changed but I seem to recall Danny Dyer visiting there on footballs ardest away days a while back and all.

I would recommend packing a crash helmet those that plan to venture judging by this.
Or a sombrero.

Mind you people would think worse of here I am sure. :shock:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Rooster wrote:I'll tell you this Michael you are a brave man for taking on some of the eejits here !
Fair play to you though for giving some info on Rotherham, I can't ever remember anyone official from anywhere else giving that sort of info, a few individual supporters or supporters clubs have helped out before though.
Hope you have a decent crowd for the match as they have never really caught much attention over here though that is probably partly down to the timing of matches.
I am sure the Rotherdamians will turn out in force :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who are the Ravens?
BrianMc
Novice

Post by BrianMc »

Went to the Ravens game at Rotherham in 2011, and would happily endorse everything Michael has said, its a cracking local Rugby team with a great club house. the town itself though........
Muineachán Abu
saale
Novice

Post by saale »

Michael, three of us looking forward to the game next week and taking advantage of the hospitality deal at Rotherham Titans. Hope the natives are friendly.