Edinburgh Away and Murrayfield.

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BigHairyMonster
Initiate

Re: Edinburgh Away and Murrayfield.

Post by BigHairyMonster »

As far as I know.
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

£5 extra if you pay on the gate.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Got my ticket. It has a seat number but also says 'Roving' Does that mean 'just sit anywhere'?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Will get mine later in the week. I'd imagine its just to record tickets sold etc.

Is the Presidents bar good?
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

@solidarity - you can basically go anywhere on the ground level of the stadium, no-one will bat an eyelid. Out of curiosity did you use the SRU website? It hasn't been working for me all week, keeps saying the ticket is worth £0.00.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I havent booked them yet but the website looks fine for me.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Loki wrote:@solidarity - you can basically go anywhere on the ground level of the stadium, no-one will bat an eyelid. Out of curiosity did you use the SRU website? It hasn't been working for me all week, keeps saying the ticket is worth £0.00.
I went through the Edinburgh Rugby website, which took me to the SRU and no trouble from there on.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

:duh: ah I've just sorted it, suffice to say I was being a total tube. Usually do it through the "My Favourite Seat" option on SRU but found the link I was looking for this eve.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Just back and I would say 20% of the crowd were Ulster fans.
SUFTUMing throughout game and team came over after match in recognition of the support.
Edinburgh fans are English gone north, hip hip and a delightful clap here and there.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fair play to the local gent who got me and my good lady a double before the game after spotting us enjoying a wee dram in our UR gear.

If there's a nicer city around, I can't immediately think of it.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I had a cracking time in Edinburgh. Lovely city and will 100% be back. The local beers are lovely.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Very decent fans, good crack before the match and took the defeat well. Don't think I would have taken it as well if I'd been them.

If anyone's looking for evidence of match-fixing in the Pro 12,this was it. How many missed kicks? Three squint throws in attacking line-outs even when we decided not to contest. Somebody must have paid them! Then again, their national team did much the same against Italy.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote:Very decent fans, good crack before the match and took the defeat well. Don't think I would have taken it as well if I'd been them.

If anyone's looking for evidence of match-fixing in the Pro 12,this was it. How many missed kicks? Three squint throws in attacking line-outs even when we decided not to contest. Somebody must have paid them! Then again, their national team did much the same against Italy.
I don't think we needed more evidence after the Glasgow v Edinburgh game last season. >threaten
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk