A new year a new dawn

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A new year a new dawn

Post by BaggyTrousers »

eastman wrote:Thanks Baggy for that warm and eloquent welcome. On the rugby front I also am looking forward to the new season. I do not expect it to be easy but after last season I think some positive signings, some youth finally coming through our own system and new structures in place there is reason for mild optimism for at least the medium to longer term. Not sure if I am a "real" supporter but have missed very few home games since the mid 70s. Look forward to the usual level of wit and insight from the forum this season!
You are very welcome Eastman, enjoy the craic. I don't deal in "real" "proper" or "loyal" supporters, nor indeed "continuity" supporters, if folk support Ulster they are supporters, simple as that.

Joyfully, your hopes mirror my own and in timescale too, so obviously, play yer cards right mate and you could have a future here. The inner circle is but 10000 posts away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh God, I've just realised, I forgot "true" supporters, they'll be pished off. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Like baggy I await the door slamming shut on his ass before I finally breath a sigh of relief... a relief so big that it matches the one of Derry..

Now all we need is a S&S Coach and a Physio in my opinion at least two essential ingredients going forward... Indeed I await what a pre-season of conditioning looks like without the S&C Coach in place and setting the route going forward but no doubt we will hit the ground running now that the coach is in place and the Scots still think he is walking the golf course.

I predicted the Ashton would be gone.. I predicted a new number 10.. so I now predict a season of new faces some very new some we have seen before but many young and signs of a slow step to weeding out those that have/haven't a future in the years ahead... the future may indeed be bright but it is not coming quick it may even take as long as finding out that Manchester University isn't the University of Manchester... On that I digress but I see they are looking a GAA Coach there (latter not former) so maybe with a few new lines on a CV and given his discovery that Ravenhill is nothing more than a second hand GAA pitch they can have the man for the job..

I await the book...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Like baggy I await the door slamming shut on his ass before I finally breath a sigh of relief... a relief so big that it matches the one of Derry..

Now all we need is a S&S Coach and a Physio in my opinion at least two essential ingredients going forward... Indeed I await what a pre-season of conditioning looks like without the S&C Coach in place and setting the route going forward but no doubt we will hit the ground running now that the coach is in place and the Scots still think he is walking the golf course.

I predicted the Ashton would be gone.. I predicted a new number 10.. so I now predict a season of new faces some very new some we have seen before but many young and signs of a slow step to weeding out those that have/haven't a future in the years ahead... the future may indeed be bright but it is not coming quick it may even take as long as finding out that Manchester University isn't the University of Manchester... On that I digress but I see they are looking a GAA Coach there (latter not former) so maybe with a few new lines on a CV and given his discovery that Ravenhill is nothing more than a second hand GAA pitch they can have the man for the job..

I await the book...
Any more signings?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

eastman wrote:Thanks Baggy for that warm and eloquent welcome. On the rugby front I also am looking forward to the new season. I do not expect it to be easy but after last season I think some positive signings, some youth finally coming through our own system and new structures in place there is reason for mild optimism for at least the medium to longer term. Not sure if I am a "real" supporter but have missed very few home games since the mid 70s. Look forward to the usual level of wit and insight from the forum this season!
Welcome Eastman.
Posting on a computer must be easier than the old quill feather days.
I'm sure you have seen changes in your time of watching Ulster.
Like flight.
Joking asides I hope Ulster play the type of stuff that will keep you on the edge of your bathchair.