Clermont Vs Ulster 10/11 Jan

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Clermont Vs Ulster 10/11 Jan

Post by solidarity »

BR wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:17 pm Unions are calling for protests on Thursday. Could be fun if air traffic controllers downtools again.
French air traffic controllers - stars of the earth. Seem to spend more time on strike than at work.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:09 pm
BR wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:17 pm Unions are calling for protests on Thursday. Could be fun if air traffic controllers downtools again.
I was in France when they were on strike in December and most of the international flights still seemed to be going, with the vast majority of the cancellations being on internal routes. I'm not sure whether or not that was the result of some sort of policy, but it would make sense to try and keep the headlines around disruption to a minimum overseas. About 90% of the TGV's were cancelled though, along with a similarly high percentage of the TERs, so getting to Clermont from Paris CDG would be more likely to be a problem.
We’re supposed to be training it from Paris. I’ve told the wife to take her driving licence.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

A hire car is very likely the easiest plan b from Paris CDG, something else worth checking if anyone else is stuck are the inter citi busses. Most, if not all, are privately run and should still be running as usual. Ouibus currently have Lyon -> Clermont for €7 each way.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Car hire could be tricky. Certainly wouldn't leave it until the last minute.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The 1401 train from Paris to C-F on Friday has been cancelled.

There is one at 1757.

I think the 1301 is running too.