Paddy Bamford

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A happier looking photo of Paddy before the match, hope his face gets back to this state soon. (pity about jamesie in the background)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

and look at that grinning tw*t in the row behind paddy (over his right shoulder) would he ever feck off!!! :twisted: :lol:

great photie tho roostiepops... now does that look like a 'mob' who would shout "yer ma's a hooooo-er" to a 6ft 7in barnhall brute?! :shock:
Sea_point
Novice

Post by Sea_point »

jamesie wrote:and look at that grinning tw*t in the row behind paddy (over his right shoulder) would he ever feck off!!! :twisted: :lol:

great photie tho roostiepops... now does that look like a 'mob' who would shout "yer ma's a hooooo-er" to a 6ft 7in barnhall brute?! :shock:
TB...6' 7", You been fishing again Jamsie........?? :lol: :lol:
"But, hark! a voice like thunder spake,
The West's awake! the West's awake!"

The one true faith....
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

:oops: :oops: :oops: might be a bit off the mark there... if that's the case then you'ld be 8ft 15¾in or so :roll:
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

YM,

Thanks for your enquiry and I am pleased to advise as follows.

Many URSC members were present at Stade Toulouse on Sunday when Paddy Bamford was assaulted by Trevor Brennan. They have made their views very clear through messageboards, the media and directly with Ulster Rugby.

URSC will make a statement when it considers it a suitable and appropriate time to do so. In the meanwhile URSC trusts that the assault will be dealt with swiftly and properly, through due process, by the appropriate authorities.

URSC members should be aware that URSC committee members were among the witnesses of Sunday's events. They brought the assault to the attention of Ulster Rugby management during the game and liaised with Ulster Rugby immediately after the match. A committee member accompanied Paddy Bamford to the police station in Toulouse and remained with him as he made his statement. Since then the URSC has been in contact with Paddy to enquire as to his welfare and pass on the best wishes and support of its members.

Regards

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Judith Harrison
Squire

Post by Judith Harrison »

Are you Serious...?!!! The "appropriate and suitable time" is NOW..NO! WAS ON SUNDAY...!!
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Sorry Mrs H, I tend to disagree.

A URSC committee member (and identified as such) was quoted in the media in the immediate aftermath of Sunday's assault. This expressed revulsion at what had happened.

Frankly a statement from URSC stating the bleeding obvious will not now provide any particular added value.

The real added value of URSC was provided at the time of, and immediately after, the assault of PM, in the Stade Ernest Wallon and with the Toulouse cops.

Let's just await developments.....
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Isn't Paddy wearng a Toulouse scarf?
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:A happier looking photo of Paddy before the match, hope his face gets back to this state soon. (pity about jamesie in the background)
Over Paddy's left shoulder there is a fella having a beer. Over his left shoulder, is that, Guy Easterby??? Has he given a statement? :shock:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Judith Harrison
Squire

Post by Judith Harrison »

O.K. I'll concede that, Tevez- BUT this occurred SUNDAY- why such a delay....any 'Committee' should gather the NEXT day, surely?! AND..if no satisfaction for assault charges was forthcoming from French police, the lad Patrick should have presented himself, and his injuries, to London(is that where he's based?) or his local Police. It's not misconduct, it's assault.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Judith Harrison wrote:O.K. I'll concede that, Tevez- BUT this occurred SUNDAY- why such a delay....any 'Committee' should gather the NEXT day, surely?! AND..if no satisfaction for assault charges was forthcoming from French police, the lad Patrick should have presented himself, and his injuries, to London(is that where he's based?) or his local Police. It's not misconduct, it's assault.
Indeed Judith but that would be the legal case. The ERC is not a court of law, it will sort out Brennans actions in there tournament. It is up to the authorities and the injured party to bring this to a court of law.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
FNMilk
Initiate

Post by FNMilk »

Get well soon Paddy.

Stand Up For the Ulsterman.
Fatprop1
Novice

Post by Fatprop1 »

Surely the cry must be
"Paddy Bamford's Black and Blue Army
at the next home game!

Get well soon.
Paddy Bamford's Black and Blue Army
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Judith,

If only life were so simple. Some of the committee did not get back from Toulouse until late on Monday. The chairman was in London on Sunday/Monday and Manchester all Wednesday. The URSC do not run a full time secretariat like ERC, Toulouse, BBC, Ulster Rugby, etc, etc. All have full time jobs to attend to. Fortunately URSC has a good working relationship with UR and are content for the time being to let them be the standard bearer on this matter.

Now, back on topic. Fatprop – I like it – my sense of humour. However I won’t be flying stuff like that until the matter has been dealt with, Ulster fan’s reputation exonerated and Mr Brennan locked in the Tower of London. (Tyburn would be to good for him.)

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

tut tut Mr Kimble - yer going soft in yer old age. Get another of
yer wifes bedsheets out and some black and blue paint (water resistant this time maybe) and raise the banner as above --

"Paddy Bamford's
Black & Blue Army"

No point doing it next season.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh