HEC away games

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Which Away match will you go to?

Biarritz Olympique Pays-Basque?
22%
Saracens?
6%
Benetton Treviso?
11%
Only 2
22%
All 3?
22%
None at all!!
17%

Total votes: 18

sensei
Novice
Location: Closer to Ravers than Lisburn - in all sorts of ways!

Post by sensei »

3 of us off to Saracens.
There are 10 types of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Mike should visit the Munster forum to see the pics of the cheerleaders at South American fooball games. That would keep him busy for a while :wink:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Where did you read about the official tours?
For £400 I'd expect to take the whole family :shock: Priced both Biarritz and Treviso last weekend and both flights can still be got for under £100 return. :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Strange if they are "official" trips that no mention on the dark side :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Anybody know who's doing them? I'd be interested in the detail.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

£400, must have food, beer and a bed warmer included :shock:
Rory Best
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

and a couple of.....ahem....'cheerleaders' :P
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You've got to weigh up all the costs.

£400 sounds steep, but if it's a door to door service with dates and times that suit, it could be OK.

I remember saving £100 on flights one year by flying on a Thursday :D (this was in the days when £100 was real money ;) ) , but the extra hotel night reduced that to £80. And by the time we'd pay for the extra beer and the hospital bills - it'd have been cheaper to fly out on the Friday. :(
Last edited by BR on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Did you really think I was thinking about a hot water bottle Freddie :shock:
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Freddie's mind is a bit on the literal side rooster - I knew what you meant :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:£400 sounds steep, but if it's a door to door service with dates and times that suit, it could be OK.
You talking about a limo to airport and a private jet here BR :lol:
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

If they were to offer a direct charter ex BFS early Friday pm, transfers and dep BIQ late Sunday pm. It'd be worth considering. We tend to think of these things in terms of ryanair/easyjet prices - but there is an argument to pay the extra and lose the hassle - like I say limiting the length of the stay/travel time would save a small fortune in beer money to start with.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Looked them up on the Classic Travel site and they are direct charters from Belfast with flight ony options at £341.50 and £381.50 convenient yes BR but expensive :shock: I can get the whole family to Treviso with Aer Lingus for that sort of money. :D
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Looked them up on the Classic Travel site and they are direct charters from Belfast with flight ony options at £341.50 and £381.50 convenient yes BR but expensive :shock: I can get the whole family to Treviso with Aer Lingus for that sort of money. :D
Thanks Rooster - it can be considered. I'm going to Treviso with ryanair, but I was looking for a quicker way of getting to Biarritz - can't really afford the 2 days travelling via Stanstead. With this one I get the guts of 3 days in Biarritz for 1 day off work. Worth considering anyway.
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

As a poor student I doubt i'll be able to afford the bus home some weeks never mind globetrotting!