HEC away games

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Which Away match will you go to?

Biarritz Olympique Pays-Basque?
22%
Saracens?
6%
Benetton Treviso?
11%
Only 2
22%
All 3?
22%
None at all!!
17%

Total votes: 18

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rugbymunchkin wrote:As a poor student I doubt i'll be able to afford the bus home some weeks never mind globetrotting!
My heart bleeds for you! I'm sure you'll be miserable. ;)
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Thanx! I know imagine the inability to return to the home of the harbour rats every weekend... if I'm in Belfast. The distress I would suffer is unimaginable! If i'm in Leicester I don't know what I'll do at weekends... except that's a lie of course I'll go and watch the tigers or if they're not on I'll convert to foosball and watch the foxes!
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Biarritz for 100 pounds return!...........where did you see that Rooster?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Fly Aer Lingus Dublin to Bordeaux and either take train or hire car 2 hour drive € 102 Thursday to Sunday or Bilbao Thursday evening and home from Bordeaux on Sunday €10 more but car essential.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Rooster you have it all well sussed out.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Fly Aer Lingus Dublin to Bordeaux and either take train or hire car 2 hour drive € 102 Thursday to Sunday or Bilbao Thursday evening and home from Bordeaux on Sunday €10 more but car essential.
I think the Bordeaux route works well, if only they had a Friday flight.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Friday flight would be great, the drive is about same as Belfast to Dublin only road is better :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Friday flight would be great, the drive is about same as Belfast to Dublin only road is better :roll:
I think it's a bit further, but as you say it's a good road.

Are you complaining about Belfast- Dublin road. First we get complaints about prices of flights now complaints about what has to be one of the most improved roads in these islands. Am I the only one who remembers driving to Dublin for a 5 Nations match and it taking about 4 hours - Jesus you sat for the guts of an hour on the main street in Dundalk FFS... and Newry wasn't much better.... Castlebellingham, Dunleer, Drogheda, .....

And when we did get onto an empty bit of road, our cars only got up to about 30 on a downhill stretch with a tail wind (having ditched the man with the red flag).......

Eeeeh, Tell that t' kids tday.........
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Not complaining about Belfast Dublin road, but then I don't use it either :lol:
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Hard to beat the Belfast to Dublin road for quality these days - though that stretch around Banbridge still scares the hell out of me - all those side roads disgorging tractors and 40ft artics across a fast dual carriageway.... :shock:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote: though that stretch around Banbridge still scares the hell out of me - all those side roads disgorging tractors
The Best brothers have to get down to Belfast some way, give the lads a break :lol:
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52