Will the real Stan, Stand up for the Ulstermen and...

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Correct answer.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I wonder what the venues for the next couple of events will be as published in the social calendar?
Venue TBC

13/14/15th Jan Ulster v Biarritz

Prematch Drinks for fans from both teams to meet up and share the craic.

Venue TBC

Jan 6 Nations Preview

As we look ahead to the 2006 6 Nations, come along and hear what the experts make of our chances.

Venue TBC
Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

On the subject of events I have subsequently asked on another thread when the event for Boxing Day was actually cancelled.

Ulster Rugby had agreed to it and presumably it was not them that cancelled the event? Simple question deserving of an answer surely and if not then it appears to have been down to lack of those within the URSC willing to help.

This is nothing new and something I can speak of with conviction but I don't think it interferred with either the Lions breakfasts, an evening with Kelly, the Meet the players or the McBride evening anymore than this event so why the difference. What is different from these events to now?

The event would have been staffed by those from the catering company responsible for the serving of any food and/or drink. The band or music also provided by a third party and both of which would have been paid for from URSC funds.

The event programme which was passed by the committee will indeed feature a social activity with the Biarritz supporters. It is due to take the form of a civic reception at the City Hall as a thnk youy for the way that they looked after supporters over there.

The rest of the events include a 6N preview, a Quiz night, a meet the S12 guys and of course the BBQ at the end of the year.

The URSC now appear to be suggesting that as and when events are organised they will let us know and if we hear nothing then there is nothing. What about the full programme of events that was agreed to at the start of this year.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
General Prom
Novice

Post by General Prom »

Hmmmmmm. I wonder, did the events co-ordinator resign of his own volition or was it at the point of someone's sword ?? :twisted:

Regards

The (Cynical) General
Oh Gawd!! I wish I was still playing Scrum Half.....
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Is there anyone left in the URSC top brass to answer?? I am getting as cynical as the General 8) , but surely if an event such as the Leinster one is cancelled, others may follow suit. Will be told? or will it be treated like the resignations and brushed under the carpet. :roll:

The absorption of the URSC site into the UR board is an unmitigated disaster. I'm sure UR, who forced that issue through, must have foreseen this very scenario and indeed may well welcome the lack of communication to the supporters as their way of exerting further control over the URSC or even the end of it. If that is indeed the case then the plan is certainly working because this site whilst being used as a forum by URSC supporters is not being used, as far as i can tell by the URSC on an official basis.

The URSC to their credit talked about a News Letter as a means of communication, a good idea, but this appears to have fallen through due to them being unable to get anyone to cut and paste it up into a suitable organ. Perhaps that's in the pipeline, and the sooner the better.

In the meantime, in the vacuum of absent information, cynicism festers, interest dissipitates and momentum generated by the events evaporates.

Sorry to get a bit lost in reverie at the end but I'm starting to picture one of those desert areas I saw on the TV last night where everything shimmers in the midday heat and nothing happens. In the glare of a midday sun, no-one moves, even the vultures have stopped circling and the jackals lie under the trees waiting for the rain to come. :? :? :?
haveuheard
Novice

Post by haveuheard »

A couple of weeks ago we read several offical statements from the URSC about this matter. Without a doubt many posters took them to be official yet a few subsequently challenged them and asked for clarification. I would still ask the same question that I did then were these official URSC statements? and if not will the URSC clear up what it knew about them including whether they were made by or on behalf of the committee. This is the least that it can do.

From the offset the policy has been to brush everything under the carpet and to hope that it all blows over. At the same time the committee appear willing to engage in conversations with Ulster Rugby about the make up of its own committee whilst refusing to engage its own membership with information. I have already asked whether the URSC entered discussions with Ulster Rugby over the make-up of its committee? Maybe we all deserve an answer so that I can put it down to rumour that I heard in the bar and without substance.

Two more resignations in December yet at all costs we must perserve with the presence of someone that thinks of himself above the URSC. One can only presume that it is Ulster Rugby that wish him to remain I suspect that many of the membership don't.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

In the interests of openness and clarity, CT/Haveuheard - apart from yourself, what other Committee member resigned in December?
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

Shocked, Surprised and Disappointed by the whole shabang.
On the other hand im not.
The events organised were a huge success but clearly only a flash in the pan. The egos have landed, and landed they have.
Im just hoping this years AGM is more animated than last years!

THERE IS NO ONE, NOT ONE SUPPORTER BIGGER THAN ULSTER RUGBY, WE ARE ALL JUST A BONUS TO THEM. AS IM CONSTANTLY REMINDED BY THE PRE 99 CAMP, ULSTER PLAYED WHEN NEXT TO NO-ONE WENT TO WATCH THEM. AND EVEN NOW THEY WOULD STILL DO IT IN THE MAZE OR WHERE EVER. LOOK AT EDINBURGH IN MURRAYFIELD, THE AIL, EVEN TAKE IRISH LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

URSC TAKE NOTE.

written by a simple keyboard pigmy!
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Gary wrote:In the interests of openness and clarity, CT/Haveuheard - apart from yourself, what other Committee member resigned in December?
Gary, perhaps you could clarify who has resigned from the committee since you appear to be coming from a position of strength in asking CT/HUH a question to which i suspect you already know the answer. You also suggest that CT/HUH are one and the same, is that the case, can you clarify?

Here is a list of the current committee according to the URSC information on the UR board.

The current Committee is:

Chairman – Bob Sloan
Treasurer – Richard Mann
Secretary – Gary Hamilton
Iain Campbell
Morris Duncan
Stanley Graham
Andrew Hawthorne
Heather Melville
Stanley Phillips.

Are all these people listed members of the committee as it currently stands.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Bp don't think I mentioned you in my post. Certainly wasn't addressing you. Just asking CT/Haveuheard a simple question.
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Why didn't you pm CTand HUH then Gary, if you didn't want anyone commenting on your posts on a public forum?.
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Not stopping anyone commenting on them - just no intention of responding to your post. Important that the truth is out in the open though.
BTW, CT told me he was haveuheard, but then maybe he was telling lies.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gary afraid that I can only speak for myself but why would I use another moniker to ask questions that I probably know the answers to anyway.

For your information like other posters here I have written to the committee but unlike them I have yet to obtain a response. Maybe when that is forthcoming I can inform you of same and the situation will be made clearer.

As for resignations in the absence of any information from the URSC I base any assumption on references from several posters on this thread and others.

I also and maybe surprisingly based it on articles written by the informative Scoop News Letter which has made references to what would appear to have been a recent resignation over and above the one that has already taken place.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Thought it might be an awkward question for you to answer! Let me help you - you resigned from the Committee, so that's one. Did you resign because of anything to do with the Nolan Show? Or was it because of dissatisfication with the efforts of individual Committee members like you told me in a number of e-mails?

If you are not Haveuheard, then why did you lie to me during the course of one of our lengthy phone converations when you advised me you were using that name? All very strange!

The other Committee resignation you refer to - was that me? If so I resent your attempt to mix it in with refererences to difficulties you imagine the Committee is having. I resigned for a reason not connected to the Nolan Show or any disagreement with the Committee.

You see, maybe now a few chickens are beginning to come home to roost CT ( no offence Rooster). The truth WILL out !
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary wrote:In the interests of openness and clarity, CT/Haveuheard - apart from yourself, what other Committee member resigned in December?
Not so fast Gary? What is your connection to the URSC? To my recollection you did this on another site and had to be named and shamed. So I will make it easy for you are you a committee member?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll: