A Letter to the URSC Committee.

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Rope!
The wife doesn't like that sort of thing. Now the girlfriend, she...........

BYO
I was thinking a black star would be more appropiate given your particular arts. :twisted:
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Go on !!! give a smartie !!
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Deadball

Who's the Gilrfriend ?

If she's short of a couple of yards to complete the job tell to e-mail
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

BYO
I was thinking a black star would be more appropiate given your particular arts. :twisted:[/quote]

WHAT ARTS?
GUINNESS DRINKING?
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Well here is the much awaited response.

Dear Mr.########

In response to your letter of 16/12/05 the committee's reply is as followst
It was decided not to hold an enquiry

Due to the low level of interest (3 emails/letters) a public statement was not deemed necessary

Mr g##### made his apology to URSC as represented by the committee

Itis our intention to publish summaries of meetings from sept. 05 on the message boarrd in the near future

Ulser v leinster event--a change of date and lack .of available facilities and manpower at Ravenhill made this impossible to organise regrettably this was beyond the control of the committee

Biarritz supporters evening --- contact was finally made with their organise ron july 3 and timings were not finalised by them until 3 days before the game. the committee were concerned that since a previous event at malone had beenso poorly supported there was a danger that only the committee would attend ,so invitations were sent to UR supporters who had received hospitality in Biarritz, hoping tey would feel obliged to attend .

Bus to Munster---due to a very low levelof interest this was not feasible

Names and functions of committee members are as posted on the URSC message board

regards Stanley G#####
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I must say this is not an explanation of any sort.
  1. low level of interest!!! a public statement not necessary??? says who?
    An apology by Mr g*****??? to the URSC, If he apologised then there must have been something he did wrong. ;
    7 months to organise a 'do' for the Biarritz fans.... unbelieveable;
    summaries of the committee meetings since sept 05? too little too late
What about the forced resignation and hounding of the other committee member blamed in the stanley gate affair (who was not on the radio and had nothing to do with the adverse publicity caused by the radio show?) A patsy perhaps, scapegoat, or mug for trying to get things sorted ????
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

I would tend to agree. I know it's a pain being asked questions (esp when you don't like the person asking them) but there seems no genuine attempt to clear the air. I had hoped I was barking up the wrong tree but the more I see the more I am convinced all is not what it seems. I get the feeling most of the answers (if you could call them that) directly contradict what we have been told here by an ex committee member. So someone is telling porkies! :?

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Fermain - who was the Committee member forced to resign?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

from my reading between the lines and one may be wrong.......Did MR ask/state that a certain member had to go! due to his input, if not comical quote which in turn was broadcast on local radio station, which to all including myself,listening (via shortwave in a bunker at the time)was complete bumkin, and if said CEO did not ask/did ask for the resignation/removal, for all to be rosey again in the garden of luvvvvvvv. WAS this invented to cause what has become an ongoing saga with a motive of self gain for someone,say another committee member!. One would have to ask:Was an official complaint re "Stanleygate" ever made by UR,and has any investigation made, John Stevens is willing to have a look if asked."But i see agenda people"
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary wrote:Fermain - who was the Committee member forced to resign?
Well lets see now Gary you seem to know a lot about what went on why don't you tell us, you are after all an ex committee member! But then again how would we know whether your telling the truth of not?

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

To the Secretary of the URSC

On the 20th December 2005 I submitted a letter to the URSC Committee for their consideration. I subsequently had no response (or receipt of) and forwarded a reminder on the 2nd January 2006 asking whether the letter had been discussed.

I subsequently recieved an acknowledgement to my e-mail but only after further intervention through another avenue on the 6th January 2006.

There has been 3 meetings since my letter was first handed to the committee and to date some 7-8 weeks later I have yet to recieve any response.

In that time other members of the club have also written and we are aware because of postings on this board that they were responded to promptly on both occasions.

In the past week I have contacted the Secretary on two separate occasions each time asking for acknowledgement of my e-mail without any reply.

I would hope that anyone reading this would even if not in agreement with my views at least understand my frustration at the response to date.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU