Season Tickets

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

damienmcguigan
Novice

Season Tickets

Post by damienmcguigan »

I know its still early but does anyone how the process for season tickets for next season will work out in terms of dates they will be available from? Never been a season ticket holder but would be interested.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Rooster »

damienmcguigan wrote:I know its still early but does anyone how the process for season tickets for next season will work out in terms of dates they will be available from? Never been a season ticket holder but would be interested.
Usually around April they come out, would expect them to do same as last year and new applicants who pay now will get chance to buy tickets for the Turnip mash in April.If it's a seat you are after will have to wait till those already with them get a chance to renew but there are empty seats anyway in the stand even now, s they may allocate one of those.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Damien, they usually send out word to current holders in about April with a deadline for them to respond and renew or not by end of May, I think. Then they are put on general release. Sometimes they offer a half season ticket from about now but I haven't seen anything about this so far in 2012 (could be wrong there). There may be more info in the UR website.
Cheers.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rocky wrote: Sometimes they offer a half season ticket from about now but I haven't seen anything about this so far in 2012 (could be wrong there). There may be more info in the UR website.
Cheers.
Think they were on sale up to the time of the Munster match then that was it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im currently the owner of a half season ticket. I will de be renewing come April/May and taking one out for the full year.
damienmcguigan
Novice

Post by damienmcguigan »

I shall make sure I have £200 set aside come April then for a season ticket for next year then, terrace of course :)
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

You can pay in installments before the season starts as well so ask about that too.
damienmcguigan
Novice

Post by damienmcguigan »

damianmcr wrote:You can pay in installments before the season starts as well so ask about that too.
Thanks! Very useful info.
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Just got an email about re-newing stand tickets. Must say the prices are reasonable - compared to say Leinster. But as someone who is interested for the first time, I noticed that Senior Ladies are 60+ and Senior Men 65+. Is it legal for UR to discriminate like this??
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Just got an email about re-newing stand tickets. Must say the prices are reasonable - compared to say Leinster. But as someone who is interested for the first time, I noticed that Senior Ladies are 60+ and Senior Men 65+. Is it legal for UR to discriminate like this??
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Scranner wrote:Just got an email about re-newing stand tickets. Must say the prices are reasonable - compared to say Leinster. But as someone who is interested for the first time, I noticed that Senior Ladies are 60+ and Senior Men 65+. Is it legal for UR to discriminate like this??
Actually it probably is.

In general, the Sex Discrimination Act (SDA) requires goods, facilities and services, whether for payment or not, which are offered to the public to be provided on the same basis for both sexes.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

On that basis then it's illegal!
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Any gents out there, aged 60-64, who are prepared to take those clowns at UR to task over this?

Actually, I suspect that if enough of a hoo-hah here - a couple of pages on a thread saying "this is a disgrace" - would do the trick.
They keep a wee eye on here you know.

If an outcry is made here, it's heard at Ravenhill.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

I may be biased here (not being an old person), but given the recent clamour to stamp out ageism (see: old people getting chucked off tv shows in favour of young people) should we be promoting a pricing structure that ignores age altogether? Concessions for those in full time education, and the rest pay the same? Ageism. Kick it out.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I don't have a problem with Senior Ladies being deemed at this time to be 60+.

The Government are in a transitional process towards the same pension age for male and female by phasing in the age which a female can collect the oap.

Why should UR track the govt. scheme during the transitional period?

All UR are saying is - oap's get a discount. Females 60+ and males 65+ are oap's. It is a simple collect all approach.

When the period of equalisation ends, perhaps UR will apply any discount then equally to each sex.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum