Do you sing/chant during a match?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Yes
97%
No
3%
Too shy
No votes
What?, with those ruffians on the terrace?
No votes

Total votes: 29

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Do you sing/chant during a match? like welder? or are you too shy to join in unless everyone else is?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Re: Do you sing/chant during a match?

Post by Muddy Bless »

Very rarely am I the chiormaster, I'm generally too close to the 2bc to have any chance at that but always willing to lend a voice....
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Absolutely, at the drop of a hat, in the street, in the office, stone cold sober, any time at all(not making love though!).
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'm primarily there to watch rugby, but I have been known to join in with a verse or two. I have also once or twice whispered gentle words of encouragment to our team, at times when I felt it appropriate (but no doubt others did not). Also the odd word of advice to the officials who, being hampered by the unavailabilty of a universal TMO, no doubt find my perspective invaluable.

On away trips I much prefer to save the real 'singing' for the bars, where the only other distraction can be fitted in between verses (provided they are short verses). I would however point out that I am tone deaf, and whilst i can recall the words to most songs while sober, there is an occassional lapse in memory which forces me to hum. (and those who have met me will no doubt concur that I hum a fair bit after a couple of days on tour.)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

100% singers and chanters. To open things up I am prepared to state that it will remain 100% if only to get some idiot to vote otherwise just to spite me.

Mind you you would need to be a big lassie chemise not to at least Stan'. So a dilemma then, take teh chance to spite me and risk exposing yourself as a blouson. :lol: Tricky choice.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:100% singers and chanters. To open things up I am prepared to state that it will remain 100% if only to get some idiot to vote otherwise just to spite me.

Mind you you would need to be a big lassie chemise not to at least Stan'. So a dilemma then, take teh chance to spite me and risk exposing yourself as a blouson. :lol: Tricky choice.
I'm the 1%er :lol: No issues with anyone singing (in fact I welcome it, and wish Ravers was even more Feral!) apart from:
1. I can't for toffee, and my voice cracks- btw- my balls have dropped since 12... :puker:
2. SUFTUM does my head in- we need new songs or chants, as suggested on another thread.
3. I prefer throwing Gladioli at IH in a Morrissey stylee...

Anyone at Milton Keynes last year will remember how 4,000 odd Ulster folk outsang 18,000 Cobblers, (When the Saints is even worse that SUFTUM) who sang like St Winifred's Girl School Choir... :flower: , so I'm all for the raucous atmos.

Purrrlease lets get something more stirring for Turnipstan...
Exterminate all rational thought
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You underplay your importance CIMAN, you are a massive 6% of the poll :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol:

Would probably get you a seat as an assemelly mon :wink:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

fermain wrote:Do you sing/chant during a match? like welder?
How have I been drawn into this one?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:You underplay your importance CIMAN, you are a massive 6% of the poll :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol:

Would probably get you a seat as an assemelly mon :wink:
I thought Gerrymandering was illegal? Can I double job? I demand a recount...anyone for a "pact?" :flower:
Still need a new song though... with ref. to the "Fields of Ballynafeigh" version of Athenry...thats an old one stretching back many years, we did it in the AIL in Waterford donkeys ears ago.. but imagine the confused faces at Tornip Park (sic)....worth admission alone >TM >TB
Exterminate all rational thought
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

As my fellow terrace-dwellers know, I am as quiet as a mouse ;)
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gemma wrote:As my fellow terrace-dwellers know, I am as quiet as a mouse ;)
Aye - you are NOW (like me) since you're never on the terrace anymore! :roll:

Come back soon Gemma - your province needs you
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Oh yes :D wouldn't be an Ulster game if I didn't burst out in song a few times :lol:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gemma wrote:As my fellow terrace-dwellers know, I am as quiet as a mouse ;)
Aye - you are NOW (like me) since you're never on the terrace anymore! :roll:

Come back soon Gemma - your province needs you
It's not the same, not having Friday nights at Ravenhill any more, so I'm doing my best to get back onto the terrace! Although, last few times I've been there I've been told I was a bad luck charm because they kept losing!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gemma wrote:last few times I've been there I've been told I was a bad luck charm because they kept losing!
forgot about that .......... clear aff ya scud!!!!! :twisted: :lol:

Only joking, petal - just like I am on another thread wi Ghost writer, but I'm not admitting that over there! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Call it unladylike (whaaaateverrrr) but I gulder with the best of them I do.

I had no voice for 3 days after the Munster game, Mr WW was delighted :lol: :lol: