Amlin Final

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Rocket
Novice

Amlin Final

Post by Rocket »

French complain about their league being so important that they can't compete in Heineken

Well here we have an all French final and what a boring encounter it is. Ping pong rugby.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Re: Amlin Final

Post by Mac »

Just watched a recording of tonights Amlin. W Barnes made the most outrageous
decision I've seen by a ref on a long, long time. Gave a yellow for what in my mind
should have been a straight red. Culprit - prop C Hayman. Lifted player - elbows higher
than shoulders and with full weight drove Biarritz winger into the ground. This imo
is the exact reason the rule was introduced. If anyone has it recorded it's @ 6mins
into the second half. Watch the angle of the 14s head as it hits the ground. Probably
the worst of this offence I've seen this season. W Barnes' ability to ref at this level
will have to be questioned - he is literally 5-6mtrs away with full view :scratch: :duh:

Thoughts anyone? Red or was yellow decision correct?
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Toulon prop Hayman cited
Toulon prop Carl Hayman has been cited over an incident during the Amlin Challenge Cup final clash with Biarritz.
Hayman is alleged to have carried out a dangerous tackle on Biarritz winger Taku Ngwenya during the second half for which he was yellow carded.

European Rugby Cup revealed that a complaint against Hayman had been made by citing commissioner Denis Templeton. Hayman's hearing will take place on Thursday.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 62185.html
Image Image
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Don't want to do a Harpo Marx on this but with tip / spear tackles so much in the
news the last twelve months or so and the hands on drive to discourage it.
After his blatant TT in the Amlin final Hayman has now received a 4 week ban
which in my book is not enough considering what I saw. Yes he does miss out on
Toulons bid for the French Championship but is this enough?

Big big difference between this and Wee Johns "offence" in Thomond......but they
come away with the same sanction.
The Toulon prop, Carl Hayman (No 3), has been suspended for four (4) weeks following a Disciplinary Hearing in Dublin today, Friday, 25 May arising from the Amlin Challenge Cup final against Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque on Friday 18, May 2012.

Hayman was alleged to have carried out a dangerous tackle on the Biarritz Olympique winger, Taku Ngwenya (No 14), during the second half of the match for which he received a yellow card. The complaint was made by Citing Commissioner, Denis Templeton (Ireland).

The independent Judicial Officer, Christopher Quinlan QC (England) heard evidence and submissions from Hayman who accepted that he had committed an act of foul play but argued that it warranted a yellow card and not a red card. The player was accompanied by Toulon Team Manager, Tom Whitford and legal representative John O'Donnell. The Judicial Officer also heard evidence and submissions from ERC Disciplinary Officer, Roger O'Connor.
The Judicial Officer upheld the citing complaint and found that the offence warranted a red card, and employing the IRB recommended sanctions for Law 10.4(j), he determined that the offence was at the mid-range entry point of six (6) weeks. In reference to the IRB's directive on this pattern of offending (tip tackles), he then added a further one (1) week as a deterrent.

Having then considered the mitigating factors, including the player's admission of culpability, good record and character, conduct before the hearing and genuine expressions of remorse which he demonstrated immediately after the tackle on the pitch, the Judicial Officer allowed a reduction of three (3) weeks, before imposing a suspension of four (4) weeks.
In light of the forthcoming off-season, the suspension will run for the remainder of the Top 14 championship season, from Monday, 21 May up to and including Sunday, 10 June, namely three weeks. The balance, one week, will commence at the start of Toulon's 2012/13 season. On the basis that the Judicial Officer was told Toulon's first pre-season fixture is scheduled for 27 July, the balance will run from 26 July to 1 August 2012 inclusive. Hayman will be free to play on Thursday, 2 August 2012.

Law 10.4 (j) Lifting a player from the ground and either dropping or driving that player's head and/or upper body into the ground whilst the player's feet are off the ground.

Under the IRB Recommended Sanctions for Offences Committed within the Playing Enclosure, Law 10.4 (j) carries the following penalties: Low End: 3 weeks; Mid Range: 6 weeks; Top End: 10+ to 52 weeks.

NOTES
i) Citing Commissioner
a) Citing Commissioners are appointed by ERC for all Heineken Cup and all televised Amlin Challenge Cup matches and shall be entitled to cite a Player for any act or acts of Foul Play that in the Citing Commissioner's opinion warranted a citing including acts that may have received a yellow card..
b) For such matches Clubs will not have the power to cite a player but may refer incidents to the Citing Commissioner within 24 hours of the conclusion of the match.
c) The Citing Commissioner will have 50 hours from the start of the game to make a citing. In exceptional circumstances this deadline can be extended.
d) The ERC Disciplinary Officer, Roger O'Connor, may forward the submitted Citing to a Citing Officer to determine whether there are sufficient grounds for the citing to progress.
e) The Disciplinary Officer will then bring a charge against the cited player.
ii) Disciplinary Hearing
a) Citing hearings will be heard by an independent Judicial Officer as soon as is practicable. Until the hearing a cited player is eligible to play in ERC tournaments.
b) The independent Judicial Officer is chosen by the Chairman of the independent Disciplinary Panel, Professor Lorne Crerar.
c) ERC's Disciplinary Officer, Roger O'Connor, presents the case against the player.
d) Both parties to the hearing (ERC and the player) have the right to appeal decisions of the independent Disciplinary Hearing. Appeals must be lodged within 3 business days of receiving the full written decision from the Chairman of the independent Disciplinary Committee.
Image Image
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Was a horrendous tackle, drove him into the pitch with full weight on him and when compared to Big Johns I thought at least 4 months ould have been the punishment.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

See Yachvili's trip near the end? Thought that was absolutely disgraceful and how the touch judge missed it is beyond me.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.