Non European players

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

LondonRedHand
Novice

Non European players

Post by LondonRedHand »

5.3. A maximum of two non-European players are permitted in a Team's match squad.
http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/statzone ... _rules.php

Am I missing something here? It seems we and other teams are not adhering to this, e.g. match v Leinster we had Pienaar, Afoa, Payne and D'Arcy in the squad. Or do Payne and D'Arcy not count as 'non-Europeans' for some reason e.g. European ancestry/passport?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Non European players

Post by Kofi Annan »

LondonRedHand wrote:
5.3. A maximum of two non-European players are permitted in a Team's match squad.

Am I missing something here? It seems we and other teams are not adhering to this, e.g. match v Leinster we had Pienaar, Afoa, Payne and D'Arcy in the squad. Or do Payne and D'Arcy not count as 'non-Europeans' for some reason e.g. European ancestry/passport?
Er hi London, Darcy is Irish Qualified and Payne is a project player in the hope he will play for Ireland, pop in more often you will learn more :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
LondonRedHand
Novice

Post by LondonRedHand »

Sounds like this kolpak ruling would explain it. Thanks.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
LondonRedHand wrote:

Er hi London, Darcy is Irish Qualified and Payne is a project player in the hope he will play for Ireland, pop in more often you will learn more :roll:
Which has nothing directly to do with their EU nationality. POP in more often yourself.

I don't know each player's personal national status, but kolpak certainly helps keep things below limits.

sent from my Fireplace using a deft flick of the wrist.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Did I say it was Mr Smarty Ar$e >gimmefive
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:Did I say it was Mr Smarty Ar$e >gimmefive
Yes; yes you did.

www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Oh no I didn't
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

oh no I don't!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Well what DID you mean by this?
Kofi Annan wrote:
LondonRedHand wrote:

Sounded like you were taking the pss out of London for asking if Darcy and Payne counted as non EUs. And offering up their IRFU status as some kind of evidence from which we should take inference. Otherwise there was no relevance to your post at all.

BTW: he's behind you!

www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

TWO possible explanations BR
BR wrote:Sounded like you were taking the pss out of London for asking if Darcy and Payne counted as non EUs. And offering up their IRFU status as some kind of evidence from which we should take inference.
THAT is exactly what he was doing BR - taking the pss without saying anything useful

OR
BR wrote:Otherwise there was no relevance to your post at all.
No relevance to MOST of Kofi's posts, BR

Take yer pick of which is the correct explanation! :D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right