Do you think this is odd

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

OneMore
Warrior Chief

Re: Do you think this is odd

Post by OneMore »

ruckover wrote:Can't understand that at all.

1. Ben John clearly has his foot in touch when he catches the ball, so it should be a line-out to Treviso.
2. Treviso take their initial line-out from inside the dead ball area. As far as I am aware (but I could easily be wrong) you must take a line-out from within the field of play i.e. not past the try line. So this too is illegal and therefore should have been asked to be retaken from the 5m line.

But for number 1 it definitely should not have been given. Bizarre to say the least.
You are correct on number 2.

Rule 19.2 (b) I'd say.
(b)
For a quick throw-in, the player may be anywhere outside the field of play between the place where the ball went into touch and the player’s goal line.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

OneMore wrote:

1. Ben John clearly has his foot in touch when he catches the ball, so it should be a line-out to Treviso.
2. Treviso take their initial line-out from inside the dead ball area. As far as I am aware (but I could easily be wrong) you must take a line-out from within the field of play i.e. not past the try line. So this too is illegal and therefore should have been asked to be retaken from the 5m line.

But for number 1 it definitely should not have been given. Bizarre to say the least.

Rule 19.2 (b) I'd say.
(b)
For a quick throw-in, the player may be anywhere outside the field of play between the place where the ball went into touch and the player’s goal line.
The Treviso player can hardly have thrown the ball in 'between' where it went out and his own goal line if he is behind his own goal line!! :shock:

Alsp 19.2(e) applies whereby if the player throws the ball in the direction of the opposition goal line then the quick throw-in is disallowed!! The Treviso player clearly does this.

But the foot in touch is all damning in any event - what was the TJ smoking!! :cowboy:
Hope is not a strategy.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Hans Indaruck wrote:
OneMore wrote:

Rule 19.2 (b) I'd say.
(b)
The Treviso player can hardly have thrown the ball in 'between' where it went out and his own goal line if he is behind his own goal line!! :shock:

Alsp 19.2(e) applies whereby if the player throws the ball in the direction of the opposition goal line then the quick throw-in is disallowed!! The Treviso player clearly does this.

But the foot in touch is all damning in any event - what was the TJ smoking!! :cowboy:
TMO prob couldn't rule on the illegal throw, but should have been able to call the foot in touch.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

I started this topic because I thought it odd and was a blatant disregard of common sense, after giving some thought to the happenings at Ravenhill of the last 24 hours that have been even more odd and to the extent of being extremely blatant with a complete disregard to the supporters who have loyally followed UR both at home and away I now feel that this topic should take it's place in oblivion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Not only that, LK, but he failed to act properly after Yarde committed a totally cynical, deliberate professional foul and only awarded a penalty rather than a yellow card. He really is an incompetent ass
Bo***cks to Brexit