Payne- Defensive Genius- Fact or Fiction?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Payne- Defensive Genius- Fact or Fiction?

Post by Cockatrice »

He did look good with the interception and running thru clear as for the pick up and drive from 30 cms he really did butcher that one… but the less said the better.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I really don't get why Ulster supporters are so quick to badmouth our own player.
There was a lot of inaccurate bull posted about him when he was seen to take Darren's 13 shirt.
He did do a fairly misjudged press conference after being sent off against Saracens, but other than that, he has done nothing to warrant the level of scorn he has been subjected to on this board.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:I really don't get why Ulster supporters are so quick to badmouth our own player.
There was a lot of inaccurate bull posted about him when he was seen to take Darren's 13 shirt.
He did do a fairly misjudged press conference after being sent off against Saracens, but other than that, he has done nothing to warrant the level of scorn he has been subjected to on this board.
Except playing out of position
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It's all the bull that comes with him, like this defensive lynchpin nonsense. We get taken for fools by the PR spin.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I really don't get why Ulster supporters are so quick to badmouth our own player.
And having the Swim Team Coach declare that Jared just wanted to be considered a centre and singlehandedly destroyed Johann's chance of signing off a winner, and of course you might consider his rare availability with Ulster whereas he inevitably appears when MexicanJoe calls, an unfortunate clash of tricky Pretty Polly availability & that notorious "tight hammy" which has had a medic or two baffled ................................................... that apart I'm sure he bleeds Ulster. :roll:

It is a fact that he has played more for Ireland in the last 15 months than for Ulster, the current count being Ireland 14 Ulster 13 in that period.

Oh yeah ............ the level of scorn he has been subjected to on this board ............. unless Andrew Trimble has forced him to read the pish posted hear for a wee laugh, then your hero has been subjected to nothing whatsoever. My best guess is that he is blissfully unaware that he has been moderately rebuked for his sins, listed above.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I asked him on instagram once when he said he was lost in Venice if he was as lost in Venice as he is at 13

Sean Doyle did not take kindly to that one

SD. Legenedary chube reads this board
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
And having the Swim Team Coach declare that Jared just wanted to be considered a centre and singlehandedly destroyed Johann's chance of signing off a winner, and of course you might consider his rare availability with Ulster whereas he inevitably appears when MexicanJoe calls, an unfortunate clash of tricky Pretty Polly availability & that notorious "tight hammy" which has had a medic or two baffled ................................................... that apart I'm sure he bleeds Ulster. :roll:

It is a fact that he has played more for Ireland in the last 15 months than for Ulster, the current count being Ireland 14 Ulster 13 in that period.

Oh yeah ............ the level of scorn he has been subjected to on this board ............. unless Andrew Trimble has forced him to read the pish posted hear for a wee laugh, then your hero has been subjected to nothing whatsoever. My best guess is that he is blissfully unaware that he has been moderately rebuked for his sins, listed above.
Badmouthing him behind his back if just fine then as long as he doesn't hear it. As a stickler for good manners >EW surely you couldn't approve? Whether he reads it or not is largely irrelevant like everything else on this board. My issue is that posters choose to engage in it and why they would want to engage in it.

What Anscombe said is also irrelevant. If a player is told he's playing centre, he plays centre. Not Anscombe's decision, Dublin's.

Tight hamstring? You have heard this from the medics that they are baffled or is it just more speculative tittle tattle? Hamstring injuries are notoriously difficult and slow to fully clear up.

OK he got sent off against Saracens not the first nor the last and whether we would have gone on to win that match never mind win the title is speculation of the highest calibre.

The antagonism aimed towards Jared is largely baseless.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I judge him on his defensive attributes against those he is competing against

Our best defensive 13s

Cave
Marshall
Big gap
Payne
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:I judge him on his defensive attributes against those he is competing against

Our best defensive 13s

Cave
Marshall
Big gap
Payne
Wise words Russ, wise words
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:I judge him on his defensive attributes against those he is competing against

Our best defensive 13s

Cave
Marshall
Big gap
Payne
Is Big Gap anything to Big Licence :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Our best defensive 13s

Cave
Marshall
Big gap
Payne
I'm wise like an owl
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tight hamstring? You have heard this from the medics that they are baffled or is it just more speculative tittle tattle? Hamstring injuries are notoriously difficult and slow to fully clear up.
Absolute fact ................though of course, a gentleman never reveals his source.............. or is that journalist? Though to be more accurate, it was more of a "this shyte again" rather than bafflement. You've been helped. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Tight hamstring? You have heard this from the medics that they are baffled or is it just more speculative tittle tattle? Hamstring injuries are notoriously difficult and slow to fully clear up.
Absolute fact ................though of course, a gentleman never reveals his source.............. or is that journalist? Though to be more accurate, it was more of a "this shyte again" rather than bafflement. You've been helped. >EW
Well in that case, burn the Kiwi clown............
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You may be taking it a little too far ........... he's actually rather good you know. Just seems rather driven towards a particular aspect of his combined duties. :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You may be taking it a little too far ........... he's actually rather good you know. Just seems rather driven towards a particular aspect of his combined duties. :lol:
OK then; how about good tight boot in the hoop instead?