Question on numbers….

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Russ » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 am

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I note the IRFU states 153,000 registered players which I presume means at senior level.... although if so the figure of 35,000 for Ulster might even be considered a tad low.

At 35,000 that must work out at over 2,300 club teams playing every week..
If I'm a member at 2 clubs in Ulster and 1 in London. What am I?
Being a member and being a registered player is two different things are they not? You can't be registered in two unions unless one of those teams is a university and your a current student, and only then can you play for the university ,

Russ , are you in arrears with your club subs? If not your earning too much money son.
We always feel like we should be earning more

I'm also registered as a full time student

All about those international tickets
He is also a £3 labour party member.
Who knows Corbyn tried to get David Miliband to stand in Richmond but he declined so Corbyn has decreed Labour will not contest Richmond

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7991
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Cockatrice » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:29 pm

are these virtual rugby player stats just to keep up with KPI's?

Rooster… where are the best places to look for 30,000 mocked up sheep sorry rugby players dotted around the province..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU

striker
Novice
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 9:40 am

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by striker » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Average of about 50 fixtures total involving adult teams in Ulster clubs each week (ulster Branch website) which would equate to approx 1500 adult players-being a member of a club the adult game has diminished shockingly in the last number of years-mini rugby is a big catch but to be honest is a creche facility in a lot of cases and is there any throughput into the clubs later once they move on?

User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Gerald the Mole » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:58 pm

striker wrote:Average of about 50 fixtures total involving adult teams in Ulster clubs each week (ulster Branch website) which would equate to approx 1500 adult players-being a member of a club the adult game has diminished shockingly in the last number of years-mini rugby is a big catch but to be honest is a creche facility in a lot of cases and is there any throughput into the clubs later once they move on?
But, you have to be wrong, adult rugby is thriving in Ulster with more games than ever being played.

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Rooster » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Cockatrice wrote:are these virtual rugby player stats just to keep up with KPI's?

Rooster… where are the best places to look for 30,000 mocked up sheep sorry rugby players dotted around the province..
I would say the Sperrins around Dungiven and you could check the South Armagh hills and best check the Cooley mountain as well just in case Leinster have borrowed some for the annual head count, mind you the ones you find in South Armagh might have been borrowed from Leinster in which case there won't be any on Cooley if you get my drift, best to send out a letter with notice that you intend to do a head count so the figure match up and pray Leinster don't check their number on the same day.
When you are checking the Sperrins ones watch out for lorries with DL plates dropping some off and don't count them twice when you head to Donegal, neither lot up there realise they are part of Ulster !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by BR » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7991
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Cockatrice » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:06 pm

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by BR » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Damn you! Are you suggesting I give up on my dream of an Ulster cap?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11834
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by pwrmoore » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:45 am

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Damn you! Are you suggesting I give up on my dream of an Ulster cap?
You could always buy one here
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by BR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:55 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Damn you! Are you suggesting I give up on my dream of an Ulster cap?
You could always buy one here
I already own ALL those except for the Armagh one (in which I would not be seen dead).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Rooster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:38 pm

BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote: Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Damn you! Are you suggesting I give up on my dream of an Ulster cap?
You could always buy one here
I already own ALL those except for the Armagh one (in which I would not be seen dead).
That is neither the City or County coat of arms, it's the GAA version
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by BR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Rooster wrote: That is neither the City or County coat of arms, it's the GAA version
I have no prejudice - I dislike all three!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11532
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by big mervyn » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Some rare wans there. The white NI one with green and orange font is interesting and Scotch Irish :scratch: Must be something to do with whiskey.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Rooster » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:24 pm

big mervyn wrote:Some rare wans there. The white NI one with green and orange font is interesting and Scotch Irish :scratch: Must be something to do with whiskey.
Probably half of them designed by Trump voters.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

Post Reply