Rugby Pass

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Rugby Pass

Post by Setanta »

Several posters have referred to Rugby Pass but if I try it - not available in your region! Can I use a VPN to fool it? Which country is it? Different userid, password?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Rugby Pass

Post by damianmcr »

I can signup when I use my VPN but had a look online and seen this:

I just renewed for a year before the end of year tests get going and boom, they pull this.

EDIT: appears to be selective enforcement for SANZAAR related matches (NZ, AU, SA), so Mitre 10, Currie Cup and Bledisloe all blocking the VPN. However, Pro14 and Euro Champs Cup are not blocking VPN. Wonder if RugbyPass got a legal warning from the SANZAAR broadcasters, so are enforcing those matches via VPN but not others?

EDIT2: so it appears that some VPN providers can still get through for the SANZAAR matches, but others are getting blocked...if your VPN is getting through, do not mention it in comments here, keep it to PMs if you are exchanging info

If you have a VPN theres no harm in trying it for one month to see if it works.
kUD
Novice

Re: Rugby Pass

Post by kUD »

I use rugbypass with a vpn from New Zealand, and it works well.