URSC

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URSC

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:33 pm Is their discussion forum much fun? I guess we must have a few folk here doing the double.
I dont believe they have one.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:56 pm ^^^ Freudian slip??? ;)
... complements ..
compliments and complements . . .

usually, but not always . . .
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Saw Colin & Nikki Wild (URSC Committee members) by the Onslow Parade gate at the Zebre match and asked them what was the plan for URSC this season. In summary the reply (as I recall it) was "we are waiting to see how the season pans out, as it was difficult (at that stage) to know quite what to offer to the membership for 2021-22. It was felt that more had to be provided for the £12 than a few goodies, although a number of members were happy just to continue supporting UR via the URSC". That didn't strike me as an unreasonable view for URSC to take, and one I told them seemed sensible to me. They added that there were/are no plans to wind down the URSC.

I do notice that the tent/caravan/trailer round the back of the Memorial Stand hasn't been in evidence for any of the three home games to date. At present,there would certainly be enough injured players to meet before a match !

From a personal (10+ year member) perspective, amonsgst the real benefits of the £12 is the opportunity to go along at least twice a season and meet/ask questions of the players, coaches and UR admin types. Not something even a season ticket holder gets from UR and one that can throw up some interesting gems.It allows a large (100+) group of supporters to put a more collective view/response than individuals can (I've heard them growl a bit at some of the coaches/admin responses). The international tickets can be (and is) a bit of a lottery and one that seems to have been replaced this year's Autumn Internationals by one for the season ticket holders. That's if you want to go and see Leinster play in green.

But overall I'd say it's good value for £12 and I'd rather spend the money on that than on 2x over-priced poor pints of Murphys.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I'd happily support the URSC even if they aren't sure of what they may offer.

The meet the players could be done online say via zoom for example but hasnt it been the case recently that these events have become for season ticket holders with the URSC getting some tickets?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There have been plans, on here, to wind up the URSC. Previous bakebook dramas remain hilarious to this day.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The URSC may be making a comeback, running a poll of interest on URSC Facebook page for the Munster game at the end of season for a bus up and down.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

damianmcr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:06 pm I'd happily support the URSC even if they aren't sure of what they may offer.

The meet the players could be done online say via zoom for example but hasnt it been the case recently that these events have become for season ticket holders with the URSC getting some tickets?
I think they were ST holders only.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right