Corner Flag

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Hey Riddick

Interesting start to your post. "If i was the referee".

As I sit here following a Christmas dinner with other rugby enthusiasts, and having consumed considerable amounts of Scotch, I home in initially on only these 5 words.

On reflection I actually only home in on one word of these 5. That is 'the'.

It is not something I could write. I may have said - "If I were a referee" - not "If I was the referee"!

Have you something you wish to share with us?

Anyway, you have filled ALL the boxes on this including the bit about the level of conviction that a try would have been scored by Red:
The crucial point here is that the ball has touched the corner flag not the post - the post is touch-in-goal but the flag is not!
Not my words BTW.

I have found nothing to support this however. Does it come from a Law Ruling, has my research been inadequate or does it purely arise from the fact that the flag is not part of the corner post?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Riddick
Novice

Post by Riddick »

Well Cables

I have refereed a couple of times

The corner flag and corner post is ambiguous at best where the post is in touch but the flag isn't. Thats just the way it is.(not my opinion ,what i've been told and what referees all over the world will referee)

But if the SANZAR unions are happy with these ELV's(Experimental LAW Variations) and the IRB adopt them worldwide the whole question of the ball or ball carrier will have no relevance anymore as they will be regarded as not in touch if they touch.
And as the player tried to take the field, the marching band refused to yield and do you recall what was revealed........