Ulster's ERC Qualifying 98/99 Question

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

LondonRedHand
Novice

Ulster's ERC Qualifying 98/99 Question

Post by LondonRedHand »

I was bored at work (as usual) and was looking up the Heineken Cup on Wikipedia when I came across this scurrilous allegation!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heineken_cup

[quote]Without English clubs, the 1998–99 tournament revolved around France, Italy and the Celtic nations. Sixteen teams took part in four pools of four, with Ulster invited into the competition to even up the numbers.[/quote]

As far as I can remember Ireland has had 3 teams in the Cup since its inception as standard. Just wanted to check this with some of our noble fans before I amend this slur on our great team's honour. Actually I will probably delete anyway, I suspect a devious Munster or Leinster hand in it :wink:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster's ERC Qualifying 98/99 Question

Post by Setanta »

Why argue? Much harder competition to win as one required to beat more French teams instead of the easier English options. Obvious, ain it! :stir:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster's ERC Qualifying 98/99 Question

Post by pwrmoore »

Setanta wrote:Why argue? Much harder competition to win as one required to beat more French teams instead of the easier English options. Obvious, ain it! :stir:
As confirmed by looking at the ERC Fixtures and results section Ulster have participated in the competition every year of since it began in the 1995/1996 season :red:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: