What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

ninjamop
Novice

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Post by ninjamop »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
ninjamop wrote:ha ha duffies a tube
Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:
Dint you play rugby at your school,duffy is a tube you woodenhead ha ha
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ninjamop wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

ninjamop wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

Can't see Duffy being too eager to move as his form for Connaught propelled him back into the Irish setup after being exiled for awhile. He gave his heart and soul for the cause last year and rather like John Muldoon, I'd imagine he'd like to deliver Heineken Cup rugby to the province and play Heineken for Connaught before he considers his options.
This looks doomed enough with Ulster getting heavily backed and recruiting 3 springbok internationals and Connaught only being able to sign 2 AIL players and Kyle Tonetti the up and coming Leinster 10/12 rejecting us at the 11th hour in favour of Sale Sharks because we could only offer him a 1 year contract as restricted by the IRFU
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

porterbelly wrote:Can't see Duffy being too eager to move as his form for Connaught propelled him back into the Irish setup after being exiled for awhile. He gave his heart and soul for the cause last year and rather like John Muldoon, I'd imagine he'd like to deliver Heineken Cup rugby to the province and play Heineken for Connaught before he considers his options.
This looks doomed enough with Ulster getting heavily backed and recruiting 3 springbok internationals and Connaught only being able to sign 2 AIL players and Kyle Tonetti the up and coming Leinster 10/12 rejecting us at the 11th hour in favour of Sale Sharks because we could only offer him a 1 year contract as restricted by the IRFU
Streuth the sheep shagging "Connaught" fan is back. You know it is a done deal now. Apparently someone overheard in a chip shop on Shop St last night that Duffy had a fall out with his girlfriend. Some bird called Ewe is stalking him apparently so he has taken flight and is enroute to Belfast.

You heard it here first
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

ninjamop wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

Congratulations young man - splendid effort. I look forward to reading all your posts at length - much merriment guaranteed :D :D :D

Delighted to make your acquaintance. Suppose you will be in bed now but I hope you get this in the morning.

Talk soon

Backawaygoonawoodenhead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS Hey Windies, have you been spying on me, where did you get my picture :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

Connaught :lol:

He doesn't even realise does he?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

notj wrote:Connaught :lol:

He doesn't even realise does he?
Nope :D

He has been coy about himself since appearing on the :puker: Rush thread. Claims some sort of 2nd connection to "Connaught" despite being lectured at length about the fact that all we are familiar with that name is a hotel. :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

backawaygoonahead wrote: Claims some sort of 2nd connection to "Connaught" despite being lectured at length about the fact that all we are familiar with that name is a hotel. :lol:
Is that the royal "we" goon? Some of us are also familiar with a newspaper of that name - The Connaught Telegraph, it has been published in Co Mayo from 1828. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/
Conas
Novice

Post by Conas »

moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

Is that the royal "we" goon? Some of us are also familiar with a newspaper of that name - The Connaught Telegraph, it has been published in Co Mayo from 1828. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/
Well done moondance for going completely off topic with something no one is interested in whatsoever.

As regards Gavin Duffy going to Ulster I don't think it would happen he'd go to Munster and Leinster before he'd go to Ulster. Why would anyone want Duffy anyway he's crap. Can't even make the Irish team.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Conas wrote:
moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

Well done moondance for going completely off topic with something no one is interested in whatsoever.

As regards Gavin Duffy going to Ulster I don't think it would happen he'd go to Munster and Leinster before he'd go to Ulster. Why would anyone want Duffy anyway he's crap. Can't even make the Irish team.
So - let me get this right, you don' want any player who can't make the Irish team? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote: Claims some sort of 2nd connection to "Connaught" despite being lectured at length about the fact that all we are familiar with that name is a hotel. :lol:
Stretching it a bit there Moondance and fair enough but let me explain. I think you have been badly mis-informed by those Connaught rascals and their spurious claim to have published "The Connaught Telegraph." A blatant lie.

Before I go on are you sure that "Some of us are" shouldn't be replaced "I am". Further why stop with the CT? You could have mentioned the Connaught Motor Company or even The Connaught Tower Corporation of New York City - they would have been just as relevant.

As every dog within the borders of the 5 counties will know, it actually started life in 1828 as the Mayo Telegraph and being a traditionalist I refuse to acknowledge the new fangled title which clearly was merely a commercial ruse to encourage people within the 4 other counties to buy the paper. i'm pretty sure that would have caused outrage at the time.Some people may even have refused to wipe their arses on it >TB

Also relevant is the fact that in 1828 you will not be surprised to discover the proprietor was a "West Briton" with the monicker of Lord Cavendish, so it is hardly surprising that he or a subsequent proprietor would have adopted Connacht's Anglicised name Connaught.

moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Before I go on are you sure that "Some of us are" shouldn't be replaced "I am". Further why stop with the CT? You could have mentioned the Connaught Motor Company or even The Connaught Tower Corporation of New York City - they would have been just as relevant.
"Some of us" means just that - some of us, there has been discussion previously on this board that there are two newspapers published in the western province, one with Connacht in the title, one with Connaught.

An English sportscar manufacturer or an apartment block in the USA could hardly be considered as relevant at all.
Conas
Novice

Post by Conas »

You see I can't work out where this thread is going at all..It was about Gavin Duffy to Ulster now it's turning into a Connacht v Connaught spelling thread.

Now BR to answer your question.. im not interested in anyone who can't make the Irish team it really shows you that they are very ordinary players. Duffy and Fionn Carr are ok playing crap teams in the magners league who make them look good but when they played a quality team like Toulon they were no where to be seen, and why would want to sign a player like that? I'd do better on a rugby field myself that's why I'm going to start playing rugby.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

im not interested in anyone who can't make the Irish team it really shows you that they are very ordinary players.
The >TH >TH are full of them.......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.