International at Ravenhill

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mole
Novice

International at Ravenhill

Post by Mole »

I heard some talk about the possibility of one of the minor internationals or international practice matches being held at Ravenhill.....

Any truth..........?

If so when, who against and when are the tickets on sale......?
I'm a mole and I live in a hole..............
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Mole- As with what BP says this reads like a list of gripes with no apparent acceptance that UR have done anything to assist.

You have at least had one consultation with UR on the subject, which is more than the supporters have had. I would suspect that with two MP’s on the ball that the matter will not disappear from the radar screen. Has the group for example written to UR to ask for other meeting is so how often and what was the response?

Match day usage has surely been on a par for the last few years although I accept that crowds have increased. Whilst day to day usage may increase with building work is it even apparent at this stage as to which entrance they might use for this purpose. I suspect that entertainment and corporate facilities may bring more usage but if the site was turned over to developers they would probably build 300 plus homes in the same space and think of the day to day increase then.

UR have gone a long way with its Park and Ride facilities and this should at least be acknowledged as a step in the right direction. I know of some clubs that run buses to the games and maybe this could be expended upon but it is not necessarily the domain of UR.

Is damage to property a major concern? As for litter surely the council could advise both residents and UR as how best to examine this issue.

ps as for international it is the proposed game against Italy in the run up to the RWC.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Moley,

Ireland versus Italy, week end 24th - 26th August 2007.

Regards

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Mole
Novice

Post by Mole »

Ta kimble.............

A bit of a long way away, but must put in diary.................
I'm a mole and I live in a hole..............
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Moley- Good to see that the parking problem in the local area had such good coverage in the newsletter to members. Take it you got an article into them about your concerns then?
URSC Newsletter Ed
Novice

Post by URSC Newsletter Ed »

Nope!

We're just nice kind considerate people who want others to be the same.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yes but one of Moley's original problems was that despite several promises to the contrary the residents have been unable to get any information from UR regarding the re-development.

Any chance of helping him there.