Harrison to leave a year Early?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Harrison to leave a year Early?

Post by cjp »

In Rugby News this month, Sarries and Quins both want him.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Re: Harrison to leave a year Early?

Post by aarons »

cjp wrote:In Rugby News this month, Sarries and Quins both want him.
can't see why he'd leave for either of them...
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

If he was to leave, I would think it would be to go back home
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

saw this meself.. can't see it personally, although it all depends on how much they're willing to pay i suppose
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Doesn't say much just a wee snippet in the magazine, no quote or anything from the big man. Could well be rubbish.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Last quote from the big man himself was that if he was playing on after his contract here was up it would only be with Ulster and no other team.
Was that not on the Hooke and Popey show :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

He seems as committed to ulster as any natural born ulsterman. I'd be very surprised if he left before his contract ended. I would be surprised if he didn't sign an extension as well.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Caolan wrote:saw this meself.. can't see it personally, although it all depends on how much they're willing to pay i suppose
i don't think they could afford to pay much more than us, what with the salary cap, could they?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:He seems as committed to ulster as any natural born ulsterman. I'd be very surprised if he left before his contract ended. I would be surprised if he didn't sign an extension as well.
He said that all himself Jackie, including the extension if asked.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Last quote from the big man himself was that if he was playing on after his contract here was up it would only be with Ulster and no other team.
Was that not on the Hooke and Popey show :?
Don't know if it was on H & P, but it was certainly in STAND UP
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Correct Grumps but I think he also stated it on one of his tv interviews may not have been Hooke and Popey , I could be wrong though :?
Rory Best
Judith Harrison
Squire

Harrison to leave early

Post by Judith Harrison »

G'day to all at Ravers!! No,don't think my boy will "re-nig" on contract, reckon he'll do contract and more probably-but only with Ulster, definitely! Of course we miss him very much, but reading ur comments on my "Ulsterman" is great! Do keep in mind it hasn't been so 'rosey' for him personally and I'm so proud of his dedication,loyalty, mateship, with you "mob"- I'm happy to share my boy with you!!
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Super News and great to hear from you Mrs Harrison.
Judith Harrison
Squire

Harrison to leave early

Post by Judith Harrison »

Thanks cjp! Pls. call me Judy! I think Austin Healy still calls me Mrs.Plank, but I prefer just Judy..!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

From the setanta website

Justin Harrison has admitted that Ulster have continually fallen short of the level of performance they reached in their Heineken Cup opener against Toulouse last October.

The province ran in three fantastic tries during a stirring 30-3 win over the French aristocrats at Ravenhill in Round 1 but, even though they are riding high in the Magners League, their form in Europe has been extremely patchy and they are now staring elimination in the face.

And Harrison is at a loss to explain the failure to maintain the standards set against Toulouse.

"Since then we've got nowhere near our full potential. No one really plays to their full potential but we haven't got anywhere near," the former Wallaby second row revealed in an interview with the Sunday Times.

"I don't know. There are lots of things you can control as a player and a coach and a team leader.

"You can control what someone does in a lineout, you can direct them around the field, but you can't control what's happening inside their head, what they do away from games and how they arrive on match day.

"I think, perhaps, some players are a little distracted by different things — you just never know. But I think we're coming close," he added.

Ulster must pick up bonus-point wins in their final two Heineken Cup games to stand any chance of making the last eight.

It is a tall order but even if they don't achieve their goal, Harrison is vowing to still be around next year to have another crack at reaching the knockout stages.

"Personally, it's a major goal of mine to see Ulster progress through to Heineken qualification again — because I would see that as making a difference," the lock confessed.

"If I leave here having not done that I will be hugely disappointed."
Rory Best