Maze stadium plan 'moves closer'

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Maze stadium plan 'moves closer'

Post by Rooster »

Ball Boy wrote: Pootsy will be left to swing in the wind.
The latest form of green energy a Pootsy turbine :lol:
Attachments
pootsy.jpg
pootsy.jpg (18.97 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

GerryO' wrote:He's the brains behind the DUP
the DUP has brains??? :scratch: :scratch:
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

darkside lightside wrote:
GerryO' wrote:He's the brains behind the DUP
the DUP has brains??? :scratch: :scratch:
I know where you are coming from, it does sound like an oxymoron, but there are one or two that buck the trend and our Pete is one.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

While Robbo (no relation...) may have his hands firmly on the dosh (like Gordon Brown when he was chancellor) he is still going to have to dole out some money on the behest of the shinners to keep them sweet.

I don't follow NI politics in any great detail, but do Sinn Fein et al really care that much about the Maze, or are there other pet projects (like Irish language stuff) that they would deem more important in order to keep their supporters happy?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

this is getting close to a plolitical thread - if we're not careful it'll be moved or banished.... :duck:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

There are that many side deals, back door deals etc. It's hard to know who wants what.

What is ALLEGEDLY clear (and I have this on good authority) is that in the first few weeks after devolution the ‘new ministers’ were a bit like the IRFU. A pack of amateurs totally out of their depth. With the exception of a small number (2) they all had to be ALLEGEDLY spoken to by senior civil servants telling them to wind their necks in and stop writing cheques their departments could not cash and stop taking up unsustainable positions on pet issues.
However (and I am now speculating) Wingnut had so firmly nailed his colours to the Maze mast and made so many promises that he could not back down without losing a massive amount of face. And so he remains intransigently refusing to countenance the obvious folly of his pet project. ALLEGEDLY ALLEGEDLY ALLEGEDLY ALLEGEDLY ALLEGEDLY ALLEGEDLY ALLEGEDLY.
However, I digress. Gerry (no relation :shock: ), Marty and the boys want their conflict resolution centre so they are on for the Maze as a whole project adding credibility to their pet project within it.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Let Wingnut build a few 5-a-side pitches for the 'inmates' at the conflict resolution centre and split the rest between the IFA and UR to sort out their stadia. The GAA already have more money than they need although they might have to start paying their 'amateur' players very soon
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ding dong2u wrote: The GAA already have more money than they need although they might have to start paying their 'amateur' players very soon
A couple of smaller stadiums getting floodlights that would put Ravenhill to shame at present,through grants from the big white house
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

No surprise Rooster .........while we wait and wait and wait
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:
ding dong2u wrote: The GAA already have more money than they need although they might have to start paying their 'amateur' players very soon
A couple of smaller stadiums getting floodlights that would put Ravenhill to shame at present,through grants from the big white house

Was in Enniskillen yesterday Brewster park now has floodlights, a covered stand and concrete terracing round all 4 sides - looks like it can easily cater for 15K to 20K supporters - would do us nicely.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

pwrmoore wrote:
Was in Enniskillen yesterday Brewster park now has floodlights, a covered stand and concrete terracing round all 4 sides - looks like it can easily cater for 15K to 20K supporters - would do us nicely.
Considering the complaints about having to go to the maze, what would be the reaction if Ulster moved to Enniskillen? :wink:
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

mikerob wrote:
Considering the complaints about having to go to the maze, what would be the reaction if Ulster moved to Enniskillen? :wink:
At least Enniskillen has hotels -not like the city of Lisburn!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

see that UTV are running an Insight programme into one of UR 'partners' in the Maze stadium -the NI Events Co. They certainly know how to make money.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Take it you watched the 'insight' CT.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum