TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 21146
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave » Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 pm

There is only one poster on the forum who could reliably give you an answer. You would think that the Alby and Faddes money plus the Marcell compo could go in the pot for another signing. I think perhaps the year that it's been the money could just be going into the general coffers.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 23250
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Snipe Watson » Sat May 01, 2021 11:28 pm

Dave wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 pm
There is only one poster on the forum who could reliably give you an answer. You would think that the Alby and Faddes money plus the Marcell compo could go in the pot for another signing. I think perhaps the year that it's been the money could just be going into the general coffers.
Don't think there is much cash Dave. The pot is about empty and the unions are on their uppers. The IRFU may be better than most because of their legendary conservative approach to spending.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 21146
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave » Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 am


Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 pm
There is only one poster on the forum who could reliably give you an answer. You would think that the Alby and Faddes money plus the Marcell compo could go in the pot for another signing. I think perhaps the year that it's been the money could just be going into the general coffers.
Don't think there is much cash Dave. The pot is about empty and the unions are on their uppers. The IRFU may be better than most because of their legendary conservative approach to spending.
The IRFU got a big lump of cash from the Irish government to plug the gaps. Petrie alleges no financial woes but I'd imagine things are tight. Next years projections are probably based on the assumption of a full house at every home game. If the budget decreases any it will be another non-compeitive year.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Bobbievee
Initiate
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bobbievee » Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 am

Is everybody on here comfortable or confident that 18000 of us will stand or sit cheek by jowel in September?
St sales and ticket sales might be well down......even .before we take covid into account
I doubt there will be many full houses

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 21146
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave » Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 am

By September every adult will have been offered and hopefully taken both doses of a Covid 19 vaccine. If you have declined this, please stay away. Otherwise it should be game on. Can't bloody wait.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 23250
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun May 02, 2021 10:31 am

Normality should return, but it'll take time to build.

Jetstream
Novice
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Jetstream » Sun May 02, 2021 1:04 pm

If the IRFU coffers are empty why are they signing off all the Munster deals?The Jenkins signing was IRFU financed. It seems grossly unfair especially as Munster are not even covering payments on the Thomond Park loan

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 23250
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun May 02, 2021 2:58 pm

Jetstream wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:04 pm
If the IRFU coffers are empty why are they signing off all the Munster deals?The Jenkins signing was IRFU financed. It seems grossly unfair especially as Munster are not even covering payments on the Thomond Park loan
No idea, but the IRFU do need to keep the provinces afloat and competitive.

I suspect players deals will be considerably lower than they would have been without covid.

Jetstream
Novice
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Jetstream » Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 am

Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6432
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by damianmcr » Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am

Jetstream wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 am
Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.
Hasn't he signed for Crusaders?

jean valjean
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by jean valjean » Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 am

damianmcr wrote:
Jetstream wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 am
Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.
Hasn't he signed for Crusaders?
Only for 6 months. Open to offers after that. Wouldn't mind him up here, but sure munsters need is greater obviously.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 21146
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave » Mon May 03, 2021 10:13 am

Lol he authored some tweets in the past that would overshadow a certain WhatsApp exchange.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Epica
Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:23 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Epica » Mon May 03, 2021 10:58 am

Yeah I'd be very surprised if the IRFU signed off on signing Matera, but fk me he would be the perfect sort of signing we would want up here (for on pitch matters!)

See Jack Regen is poised to sign with Ospreys too.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6249
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M » Mon May 03, 2021 1:18 pm

jean valjean wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 am
damianmcr wrote:
Jetstream wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 am
Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.
Hasn't he signed for Crusaders?
Only for 6 months. Open to offers after that. Wouldn't mind him up here, but sure munsters need is greater obviously.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Matera has signed a deal to play in Super Rugby Aotearoa 2022 from Jan - Jun 2022, so earliest he would join Munster (Harlequins and Irish also apparently interested in him) would be for season 2022/23.

Bobbievee
Initiate
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bobbievee » Mon May 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Dave wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 am
By September every adult will have been offered and hopefully taken both doses of a Covid 19 vaccine. If you have declined this, please stay away. Otherwise it should be game on. Can't bloody wait.
Maybe ST applications should be accompanied by " vaccines certs" and sales at the gate subject to some sort of similar check?

Post Reply