TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

ElmoIsDead
Novice

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by ElmoIsDead »

RuPi wrote:McCaffrey is not what is needed. Pete Samu not a better shout? 29 now but a bit of international experience and more of a carrying 8.
Samu would be a much better shout and Valenti better still but I'm keeping expectations as low as possible.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

TJ Anderson to come of retirement?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Things might of changed with Faddes.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am SO 2 folks have been bandied about re: Marcel's replacement. Fez mentioned Bill Mata in dispatches, while another is a Brumbie backrower with decent pedigree. anyone heard anything, or will we just get another Campbell Feather for our sins.
I'd have Campbell Feather over Xavier Rush any day.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:00 am Things might of changed with Faddes.
Really hoped he’d come good! Must be hard with no continuity in one position.

Sadly be criminal keeping him with such an exciting academy constantly rolling out! Would this be the reason Moxham seems to be getting exposure?
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:00 am Things might of changed with Faddes.
Not really surprising with the amount of good young outside backs coming through. If Faddes leaves and Ludik retires we will still have Stockdale, Balacoune, Lyttle, Gilroy, Addison, Lowry and McIlroy (who am I assuming is getting a senior deal). Sexton and Rankin in Academy as well.

Is the new backrow going to be the only NIQ signing we make KOTH? Doubt we will replace Carter in these times and think another year of Alby (if he wants to stay) will help Doak and Finlay.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I would imagine trying to recruit a NIQ from outside of Europe must be pretty challenging these days given the Covid19 situation. Will depend on the player’s circumstances but heading from Oz or NZ to Europe right now would not be an appealing prospect, given both case numbers and restrictions. For players who have a partner or family, even less so.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!

Post by kingofthehill »

Kanbei wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:54 pm
Not really surprising with the amount of good young outside backs coming through. If Faddes leaves and Ludik retires we will still have Stockdale, Balacoune, Lyttle, Gilroy, Addison, Lowry and McIlroy (who am I assuming is getting a senior deal). Sexton and Rankin in Academy as well.

Is the new backrow going to be the only NIQ signing we make KOTH? Doubt we will replace Carter in these times and think another year of Alby (if he wants to stay) will help Doak and Finlay.
The state of the academy for backs is frightening ,the amount of golden boys coming through is second to none. Addison and Gilroy are the ‘elders’ and they were only born in 1992, not even 30 yet. They should be in their prime but just can’t seem to stay injury free.

Don’t know about the NIQs, terrible year to be a professional rugby player negotiating contracts. All three of them have contracts up and I just don’t see ulster or any other club offering big contracts.

Marcell is the big one to replace obviously but consider this. Will Hendy get a central contract? Will the Marcell money be used to offer him something if he doesn’t.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
launish116
Initiate

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!

Post by launish116 »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:42 am Marcell is the big one to replace obviously but consider this. Will Hendy get a central contract? Will the Marcell money be used to offer him something if he doesn’t.
Really can’t see him not being offered one? Think issue be the value of that contract! As Sean O’Brien said last week, Hendy is key to Ireland playing well.

Could Gilroy be in bother though, he’s a shadow of his former self and with so much talent appearing he’ll be struggling for game time.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

launish116 wrote:
Really hoped he’d come good! Must be hard with no continuity in one position.

Sadly be criminal keeping him with such an exciting academy constantly rolling out! Would this be the reason Moxham seems to be getting exposure?
Lets not forget that faddes is further from home than marcell and can't be over eager playing in empty stadiums while his mates back home are enjoying a normal life. I suspect he won't be too disappointed not to be offered an extension anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Epica
Novice

Post by Epica »

Any other rumours for next season?

I really don't know what to say beyond we still need 2 big units in the pack. Harsh on some incumbents but a bruiser of a 6 and either a prop or 2nd row is sorely required.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Carter and Nakarawa appear to be our lot. Neither are the hard as nails enforcers we need. Nakarawa is unplayable on his day but an absolute liability when not in the mood. A big carrying loosehead would be ideal.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:39 am Carter and Nakarawa appear to be our lot. Neither are the hard as nails enforcers we need. Nakarawa is unplayable on his day but an absolute liability when not in the mood. A big carrying loosehead would be ideal.
I like what we have at loosehead. They need to improve in the scrum, but in the loose excellent. Callum Reid is a fine prospect. 6 is a point of concern Rea did OK last night, but that's not good enough. His carrying has come on, but he's a long way from the level he should be at given his experience.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:39 am Carter and Nakarawa appear to be our lot. Neither are the hard as nails enforcers we need. Nakarawa is unplayable on his day but an absolute liability when not in the mood. A big carrying loosehead would be ideal.
I like what we have at loosehead. They need to improve in the scrum, but in the loose excellent. Callum Reid is a fine prospect. 6 is a point of concern Rea did OK last night, but that's not good enough. His carrying has come on, but he's a long way from the level he should be at given his experience.
If McGrath comes back from injury I would agree. Would also love a big carrying unit at 6.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Epica
Novice

Post by Epica »

Assuming nothing ever happened with all the snippets of a Coetzee replacement from the SH? Unless that was something lined up for next season instead,