TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:18 pm Sure why not contracts are broken all the time. They mean nothing anymore. He might be homesick for his new home and also because covid.
IRFU could have offered all players early release if they wanted.
Jonny telling porkies about finances not being an issue?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:29 pm
damianmcr wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:18 pm Sure why not contracts are broken all the time. They mean nothing anymore. He might be homesick for his new home and also because covid.
IRFU could have offered all players early release if they wanted.
Jonny telling porkies about finances not being an issue?
No idea but by all accounts zero player contract renewals have started for next season and we could see a few big name departures.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They are supposed to start in January.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Think the elephant in the room is IRFU's finances, if they are as bad as they appear to be I imagine they are open for business on anyone under contract. I'm not seeing us having a stronger squad next season than this.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:59 pm Think the elephant in the room is IRFU's finances, if they are as bad as they appear to be I imagine they are open for business on anyone under contract. I'm not seeing us having a stronger squad next season than this.
I’ll be sympathetic to the IRFU on that one as long as other provinces are equally impacted. It’s one thing losing players due to contract renewals but it’s quite another if we are the only province who lose players contracted beyond the end of this season.

I’d agree on not expecting as strong a squad next season but surely clubs right across the board, with a few exceptions, are having to tighten their belts to some degree?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the irfu were given a significant lump of cash from the Irish government. I don't know if it's enough to keep everything afloat without gate receipts but there is also TV money and sponsorship. Petrie tweeted that finances were not an issue with Coetzee leaving. That was down to the player and the other team.

If Cooney and Coetzee are both leaving we will find very difficult to replace them with similar quality. Cooney's replacement has to be IQ. I don't think there is anyone better but perhaps that's just me. Coetzee is the best all-round backrow NIQ we have ever signed, in my view. We have now let him leave to a league rival. I reckon we should put all our effort into the Challenge Cup this year with hopefully Hendo/Addison back from injury at the right time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

SO 2 folks have been bandied about re: Marcel's replacement. Fez mentioned Bill Mata in dispatches, while another is a Brumbie backrower with decent pedigree. anyone heard anything, or will we just get another Campbell Feather for our sins.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am SO 2 folks have been bandied about re: Marcel's replacement. Fez mentioned Bill Mata in dispatches, while another is a Brumbie backrower with decent pedigree. anyone heard anything, or will we just get another Campbell Feather for our sins.
Mata is not coming to ulster. Ferris about a month behind that news.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

So the Brumbie then?
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 am So the Brumbie then?
Who you thinking? Rob Valenti? Contract ends this year with Australia/Brumbies. He’s starting to get international honours, would he risk that.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am SO 2 folks have been bandied about re: Marcel's replacement. Fez mentioned Bill Mata in dispatches, while another is a Brumbie backrower with decent pedigree. anyone heard anything, or will we just get another Campbell Feather for our sins.
Campbell Feather, a Kiwi No.8. That would be interesting.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

launish116 wrote:
nonplussed wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 am So the Brumbie then?
Who you thinking? Rob Valenti? Contract ends this year with Australia/Brumbies. He’s starting to get international honours, would he risk that.
Lachlan McCaffrey looks a half decent punt, not chasing international honours anymore, looking for a payday.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

ElmoIsDead wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 am Lachlan McCaffrey looks a half decent punt, not chasing international honours anymore, looking for a payday.
Didn’t really think much of him whilst he was with Leicester tigers, though they were starting the downwards spiral.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

McCaffrey is not what is needed. Pete Samu not a better shout? 29 now but a bit of international experience and more of a carrying 8.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

RuPi wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:03 pm McCaffrey is not what is needed. Pete Samu not a better shout? 29 now but a bit of international experience and more of a carrying 8.
Contracted till 2022 I believe