TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave »

There is only one poster on the forum who could reliably give you an answer. You would think that the Alby and Faddes money plus the Marcell compo could go in the pot for another signing. I think perhaps the year that it's been the money could just be going into the general coffers.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 pm There is only one poster on the forum who could reliably give you an answer. You would think that the Alby and Faddes money plus the Marcell compo could go in the pot for another signing. I think perhaps the year that it's been the money could just be going into the general coffers.
Don't think there is much cash Dave. The pot is about empty and the unions are on their uppers. The IRFU may be better than most because of their legendary conservative approach to spending.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 pm There is only one poster on the forum who could reliably give you an answer. You would think that the Alby and Faddes money plus the Marcell compo could go in the pot for another signing. I think perhaps the year that it's been the money could just be going into the general coffers.
Don't think there is much cash Dave. The pot is about empty and the unions are on their uppers. The IRFU may be better than most because of their legendary conservative approach to spending.
The IRFU got a big lump of cash from the Irish government to plug the gaps. Petrie alleges no financial woes but I'd imagine things are tight. Next years projections are probably based on the assumption of a full house at every home game. If the budget decreases any it will be another non-compeitive year.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Is everybody on here comfortable or confident that 18000 of us will stand or sit cheek by jowel in September?
St sales and ticket sales might be well down......even .before we take covid into account
I doubt there will be many full houses
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

By September every adult will have been offered and hopefully taken both doses of a Covid 19 vaccine. If you have declined this, please stay away. Otherwise it should be game on. Can't bloody wait.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Normality should return, but it'll take time to build.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

If the IRFU coffers are empty why are they signing off all the Munster deals?The Jenkins signing was IRFU financed. It seems grossly unfair especially as Munster are not even covering payments on the Thomond Park loan
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jetstream wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:04 pm If the IRFU coffers are empty why are they signing off all the Munster deals?The Jenkins signing was IRFU financed. It seems grossly unfair especially as Munster are not even covering payments on the Thomond Park loan
No idea, but the IRFU do need to keep the provinces afloat and competitive.

I suspect players deals will be considerably lower than they would have been without covid.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Jetstream wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 am Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.
Hasn't he signed for Crusaders?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

damianmcr wrote:
Jetstream wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 am Munster now being linked to Matera. It would be a shock if that transfer went through.
Only for 6 months. Open to offers after that. Wouldn't mind him up here, but sure munsters need is greater obviously.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lol he authored some tweets in the past that would overshadow a certain WhatsApp exchange.
Epica
Novice

Post by Epica »

Yeah I'd be very surprised if the IRFU signed off on signing Matera, but fk me he would be the perfect sort of signing we would want up here (for on pitch matters!)

See Jack Regen is poised to sign with Ospreys too.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 am
damianmcr wrote:
Only for 6 months. Open to offers after that. Wouldn't mind him up here, but sure munsters need is greater obviously.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Matera has signed a deal to play in Super Rugby Aotearoa 2022 from Jan - Jun 2022, so earliest he would join Munster (Harlequins and Irish also apparently interested in him) would be for season 2022/23.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dave wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 am By September every adult will have been offered and hopefully taken both doses of a Covid 19 vaccine. If you have declined this, please stay away. Otherwise it should be game on. Can't bloody wait.
Maybe ST applications should be accompanied by " vaccines certs" and sales at the gate subject to some sort of similar check?