PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Bobbievee »

LI tries all in the corner and PJ had no easy kicks. He had two long range penalties,one 50m, one nearly 60m to win the match, and both struck the upright about half way up. Passing and tipping on superb; even Austin Healy remarked that he had an excellent game.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

To think what he could be achieving in a top 4 team in the Gallagher or Top14.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BOD having to commentate on it too. Haha.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

And remarkably was quite complimentary at times. At least these days there’s no more reference to it all.

Hopefully a better club will pick him up in a season or two now that they can see the twatter storm blows over pretty quick.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

also worthy of note the" twatter" twitter account #suemepaddy has been removed and is no longer available a few successful cases for libel or slander does wonders -- even straw dogs can get bitten even its only a penny and costs
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

TopPoster wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:09 pm
Hopefully a better club will pick him up in a season or two now that they can see the twatter storm blows over pretty quick.
I’m not sure he would want to move - he is the highest paid player at LI on £500k pa - can’t see many other Premiership Clubs signing him as a marquee player for much more than that! Of course there is always France!
Hope is not a strategy.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Don’t think Paddy enjoyed France that much to be honest and would be surprised if his salary currently is as stated even if highly rated by both Kiss and Kidney who were well aware of his talent and character
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

no doubt he also balances up lifestyle versus achievement: that sort of salary living in outer west london must be very comfortable and can probably live relatively anonymous in london. Must weigh that up against trying for a better club to seek glory but putting head above the parapet elsewhere.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's much better coin than the miserly FIRFU would ever have considered. I would imagine he will see out his plating days with LI. They stood by him after some shady tactics from unscrupulous entities. Paddy will collect a nice little nest egg. He can open up a little investment portfolio. Retire to leafy lifestyle sipping lattes. Twitter trolls will whither, bitter and forgotten.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:09 pm
TopPoster wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:09 pm
I’m not sure he would want to move - he is the highest paid player at LI on £500k pa - can’t see many other Premiership Clubs signing him as a marquee player for much more than that! Of course there is always France!
If that's true ( 500k) I love it!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

A shame Paddy missed a drop goal at the death in the Northampton match. Not the greatest start in the world for LI. Only one draw from three games.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Paddy has missed a couple of DG's and a pen from memory at the death which could have changed the results in 3 LI matches already this season.

Not all easy but just saying
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The draw against Sale was one. He kicked bloody well in that game, 50m kicks and difficult conversions. I would say he earned them a draw. The kick he missed at the end was 60m and he hit the post. Many kickers would not even attempt it.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

LI looking like they'll get their first win at Exeter.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Balls