Referees ruining rugby?

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

brianc
Warrior Assassin

Re: Referees ruining rugby?

Post by brianc »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Despite much searching I cannot find anywhere the referee listings for the Magners matches this weekend . Can anyone enlighten me as to where they are? This information may considerably help with predictions.
Haven't seen them myself, was just listening to rumours!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

brianc wrote:
for dog and ulcer wrote:Despite much searching I cannot find anywhere the referee listings for the Magners matches this weekend . Can anyone enlighten me as to where they are? This information may considerably help with predictions.
Haven't seen them myself, was just listening to rumours!!!
You really should stop listening to dogs talking as they pi$h up against lamp posts brianc :lol:
http://www.rugby365.com/news/2317580.htm
That a good enough list fdau ?
Our favourite Scottish reff is featuring in the Scottish Cup quarterfinals
How Of Fife vs Currie
Referee: Peter Allan
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Cheers Rooster- ufortunately Ulster are due more root canal work from Mr. Patterson in Cardiff. :roll: :roll: I had a look at the rogues gallery of referees on the Magners site and very uninspiring it is. But one can always go on there after a match and look appreciatively at the relevant ref. :banghead:
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Rooster wrote:You really should stop listening to dogs talking as they pi$h up against lamp posts brianc
So do the 2BC, but can't help listening to them either :( (Dogs tend to be slightly more reliable though)
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

One only needs to watch McPherson's performance tonight to evaluate the negative contribution of poor referees. Let's hear the referee defenders justify that performance. That match should be reviewed in detail and appropriate action taken. Made the Changleng days look good!!

Would this go unchallenged against Munster or Leinster? I doubt it. Ulster though does not say no!!!
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

The question I want the answer to why do people think that Ulster are always on the receiving end of the bad referees?
Do people really think there is some sort of conspiracy against us?
Surely if a ref allows crooked putins and throwins and doesn't police the offside line then why aren't we doing these things instead?
Are we just not smart enough to play the ref as well as the other teams do?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

for dog and ulcer wrote:One only needs to watch McPherson's performance tonight to evaluate the negative contribution of poor referees. Let's hear the referee defenders justify that performance. That match should be reviewed in detail and appropriate action taken. Made the Changleng days look good!!

Would this go unchallenged against Munster or Leinster? I doubt it. Ulster though does not say no!!!
Name me 5 of the Ulster squad who had a better game than the ref tonight!

If we made as few mistakes as McPherson, we wouldn't be the laughing stock we are today!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I don't mind a ref as long as he is consistent. McPherson pinged Ulster for crooked lineout throws yet let Cardiff away with it all night, for the intercept try the Blues 13 was at least a yard offside. He pinged Ulster for offside a number of times yet let Cardiff stifle the game, offside at every ruck. He let them away with 2 professional fouls in a row when we were close to a try. I think Ferris told him what we were all thinking.

We are rubbish for sure, but poor referees are killing this league. That and the selection of deaf and dumb touch judges is killing the game as a spectacle.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

BR wrote:
for dog and ulcer wrote:One only needs to watch McPherson's performance tonight to evaluate the negative contribution of poor referees. Let's hear the referee defenders justify that performance. That match should be reviewed in detail and appropriate action taken. Made the Changleng days look good!!

Name me 5 of the Ulster squad who had a better game than the ref tonight!

If we made as few mistakes as McPherson, we wouldn't be the laughing stock we are today!
second that BR
No longer the Celtic League winning coach