A leopard never changes its spots

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: A leopard never changes its spots

Post by mikerob »

Another error of judgement after a few beers...

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ ... 6099646.jp
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Thought he had quit the drink after the taxi incident a few years back
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

What an idiot
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Thought he had quit the drink after the taxi incident a few years back
Never happened Jackie :wink: (the taxi incident that is)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jackie Brown wrote:Thought he had quit the drink after the taxi incident a few years back
He DID quit the drink after (no) incident happened in the taxi, but then quit quitting the drink even before he had quit Ulster ......

..... allegedly
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Must be great to be perfect. :roll:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Remember this jackie?
Re: Andy Powell Arrested
by Kofi Annan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 am

Jackie Brown wrote:
Drink driving and stealing a vehicle, I would hope it's not just a fine he gets.

Wonder how much time you'd get for nicking a golf buggie and driving it down the M2 while wasted. He's lucky he wasn't killed and more improtantly he's lucky he didn't kill an innocent member of the public.

What would be your stance on say:Neil Best being convicted of lets say Drink Driving?"

:wink:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

What a five star c**k!

How to win friends and influence people! Sign up to Twatter and phone people when pi**ed.

Good luck in the Championship with the Warriors next season. Everyone eventually finds their level.

Why shoot yourself in the foot when you can blow the fecker off! :cry:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

rosetintedgoggles wrote:Good luck in the Championship with the Warriors next season. Everyone eventually finds their level.
u saying that he's now a crap player, and out of his depth in GP?

to quote ur good self - "What a five star c**k!"
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

By all reports, he's been part of a very impressive Saints backrow along with Dowson and Wilson and has played himself back into the team after being discarded for Gray.
However, no matter what he himself thinks, I think DK had him well down his backrow list long before this recent episode and that is not going to change.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Dear WKoTW

The point I was making was that the holistic presentation of Neil is that he repeatedly lets himself down off the pitch through acts of rank stupidity.

A DIC(K) charge and phoning the national coach whilst also drunk to tell him why he should not have left you out of a six nations squad are I believe sufficient evidence in favour of the "prosecution.

If you check some of my previous posts you will learn that I am actually a big fan of Mr Best and his balls out style of play. I don't understand why he wasn't picked by Kidney when others were injured and I don't know why Mallinder and West decided not to extend. Perhaps WW was his only choice given that he got a 2 year deal with his option to extend for a further year.

In any case I will now remove my 5 star c**k from between my eye brows and put it back in my jocks where it belongs!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

re: freddie benson's comments -
no disagreement with either:

he's been playing regularly for a saints team that last season won the challenge cup, this season has won the anglo-welsh and reached QFs in heiny, and sits second with a game in hand over leicester in GP

ireland's backrow options are deep - outside of the 3 regulars there's any of leamy quinlan henry mclaughlin jennings plus several others i've failed to mention. little point in going back to best now when an equivalent player could do with the experience, and is playing in ireland, and won't risk upsetting the apple cart if he can't get a massage when he wants one.

but still, to suggest that he's fit only for a semi-professional league one, is utterly brain-dead and moronic. i've no issue with comments re: him acting like a knob off the field, or believing his hype on it (in the past). simply put, on current form, to suggest playing for a relegated worcester means he's found "his level" is on a par with claiming that messi isn't fit to turn out for burnley's reserve team...

twit
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Twit, twit twoo....you are beginning to sound like a wise old owl!! :D
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

When he signed for Worcester, they weren't really in much danger of going down. Leeds were well adrift but Back has turned them round; even Sale a few weeks ago looked hopeless but have put a couple of wins together. So Best probably thought he'd still be in the GP next season. They may even have had him over, showed him the facilities, and introduced him to those members of the squad that he was replacing. :wink:
If his agent is any good (Constable??), may have a release clause in the event of them going down.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach