Leinster thread 2010/11

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster thread 2010/11

Post by darkside lightside »

Tighty wrote:Is Strauss a 'Project player' and if so when will he qualify for Ireland ?

As a matter of interest is there a limit to how many ''project players'' a Province can have at any one time and who are the current project players in each province . I know Ulster have Robbie Diack but not sure of the others.
he is and I believe will qualify at the end of next season - and if he continues to play like he has this season, he'll be a shoe-in for the Ireland 2 jersey.. Provinces are allowed 1 project - we have Payne for next season (Diack is IQ), Munster have Borlase :? and I believe Connacht will designate one of Ah You or Nikora, with the other occupying a NIQ spot next season.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Tighty wrote:Is Strauss a 'Project player' and if so when will he qualify for Ireland ?

As a matter of interest is there a limit to how many ''project players'' a Province can have at any one time and who are the current project players in each province . I know Ulster have Robbie Diack but not sure of the others.
Strauss will be Ireland Qualified in October 2012.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cormac wrote:

Strauss will be Ireland Qualified in October 2012.
AFAIK each province is allowed 1 project player.
Some would say we are allowed 2
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

You are either abused or not!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/ ... 82919.html

Leinster investigate racism allegations

Rugby: Leinster have launched an internal investigation after Northampton prop Brian Mujati alleged he was racially abused on the field during Friday's pre-season defeat to the Saints at Donnybrook.

Mujati used his Twitter account to make the accusations after the Saints beat Leinster 19-14 last night.

The Zimbabwean-born South Africa international has since removed the claims.

“Following allegations made by a Northampton Saints player this morning via his personal Twitter account, Leinster Rugby are holding a full internal investigation,” a statement read this afternoon.

“The managements of both teams are in close communication and hopefully the matter will be resolved as soon as possible.

“No further comment will be made at this time until that resolution has been reached.”
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine