Poll: Should SOB be cited?

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Should SOB be cited/banned?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 33

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Poll: Should SOB be cited?

Post by againstthehead »

I know Leinster have plenty of backrow cover but the loss of SOB would be significant:

The incident can be found half way down this page on the turnip forum:

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_ ... PN=0&TPN=8

as they say, very similar to what POC did a few months ago.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Poll: Should SOB be cited?

Post by pwrmoore »

technically yes - but i feel he shouldn't be as he was illegally held back and it cost them a try
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

He flailed out to get himself free without looking, he was just un/lucky to land one in his bake
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

No of course not, the barsteward who held him back and ensured Toulouse scored should be however. Cited as a cheat and held up as one. Just the same as Thomas who held back POC only this time with the consequences for SOB's team were potentially greater.

Citing a man who has been prevented from possibly saving a crucial try would be outrageous.

It is all well and good to take SOB's actions and nail him but why is there never a hue & cry to ban the cheat who causes the problem. I was outraged that the clowns on Sky were busy saying how wonderful Toulouse had been in scoring the try and completely failed to see the obvious.

Leinster could have lost yesterday through a fluke bounce and a classic piece of cheating. That they didn't says a lot about them as a team. They have never been my cup of coffee amongst Irish provinces but when they win the HC in May they will be very worthy champions. They have changed from a team who used to be bullied up front into a team who can play in whatever style is required to do the job.

Looks like the 4th Irish HC win in 6 years, can't see either Saints or USAP beating them in Cardiff.

Finally on SOB - stoater my son! A brahmer, a true peach, belter blow, gave the cheese eating surrender monkey exactly what he deserved. Nyanga looked very sorry for himself & as a vengeful sort I hope he needs extensive dental work, the cheating barsteward.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

againstthehead wrote:I know Leinster have plenty of backrow cover but the loss of SOB would be significant:

The incident can be found half way down this page on the turnip forum:

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_ ... PN=0&TPN=8

as they say, very similar to what POC did a few months ago.
If the tone of what is being said in Turnipstan is as I suspect, given I don't read the Mexican or Turnipstani Times, I am very disappointed that they should wish a similar injustice to befall SOB as happened to POC. It wasn't right then, it wouldn't be right now.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Goon - I disagree that it wasn't justified for POC - from memory he knew exactly where the player was and what he was doing when he landed one and has enough experience to know better

It looked like SOB may also had a glance over his should before lashing out but the difference here was he was still being held when he exacted his "revenge" - I agree that it wouldn't be justified given what it cost the mexicans and because he was really just trying to free himself :wink:

However what really hacked me off was that eejit Barnes congratulating Nyanga for a great piece of play!!! It was a cynical cheating act Mr Barnes and not something to be encouraged you prat
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Yoda wrote:
However what really hacked me off was that eejit Barnes congratulating Nyanga for a great piece of play!!! It was a cynical cheating act Mr Barnes and not something to be encouraged you prat

I increasingly find Barnes's comments difficult to tolerate. He seemed determined yesterday to say how good blind Dave was. :evil:

And no I don't think SOB should be cited.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

It was an offence.
There will be a citing.
A ban will result.

It was a step up from the POC incident.

SOB was not being held when he struck out.
SOB turned and was looking directly at his target when he struck out.

No doubt he had been held and that probably for just long enough to keep SOB from the tackle.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Hypothetical i know...but if Le Clerc had lashed out at Darce for his wee block...would those saying no citing for SOB be of the same opinion?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

browner wrote:Hypothetical i know...but if Le Clerc had lashed out at Darce for his wee block...would those saying no citing for SOB be of the same opinion?
Image :shock:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

cables wrote:It was an offence.
There will be a citing.
A ban will result.

No doubt he had been held and that probably for just long enough to keep SOB from the tackle.
+1
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

browner wrote:Hypothetical i know...but if Le Clerc had lashed out at Darce for his wee block...would those saying no citing for SOB be of the same opinion?
Yes absolutely, albeit I see a difference between a block and sleekid jersey pulling. You are confusing me with a one-eyed Leinster fan whereas I only tolerate them as they are Irish. I am simply fed up with cheats pulling back players by the jumper just as I am fed up with players trying to pull opponents out of ruck & maul by the head, a Saints favourite.

My solution would be that when the ref or asst spots such "play", the clock should should be stopped and the player offended against should be allowed either a full penalty and a free punch from a standing start or a free kick and a free punch with a 5 metre run up on the offending player.

Can't be certain of course but there is a fair chance this would take a lot of the sleekid crap out of the game plus of course increase spectator interest. This option may not be adopted, more is the pity.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

cables wrote:It was an offence.
There will be a citing.
A ban will result.

Cables, you are probably right with those first 3 statements however I disagree that it was a step up from the POC incident, almost identical from what I saw of it and equally justified. If rugby continues to persecute the offended against in cheating episodes more & more cheating of that nature will occur.

I would need to look again but statements 5 & 6 are certainly not as I recall seeing it however I get the feeling you wouldn't post that without having checked.

I suspect that Toulouse may well have scored anyway, if not in that phase, in a subsequent one as they were in prime
position and a man up. That is neither here nor there, these incidents are becoming more common and for the good of the game the cheats are the ones needing sorted.

They need an extra large can of wup-ass opened upon them.
wupass.jpg
wupass.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 937 times

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

for dog and ulcer wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I increasingly find Barnes's comments difficult to tolerate. He seemed determined yesterday to say how good blind Dave was. :evil:

And no I don't think SOB should be cited.

A recurring theme Dog, put him with a microphone with a set of bogtrotters against a team of frogs/cheese eating surrender monkeys with an English ref its amazing that the ref has such a blinder every time and that they can usually work in at least 5 references to England or English teams and a 50% chance of Jonny Wilkinson's DG to win the RWC mentioned.

Its a cross we have to bare for watching Sky. :?

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Yoda wrote:Goon - I disagree that it wasn't justified for POC - from memory he knew exactly where the player was and what he was doing when he landed one and has enough experience to know better

It looked like SOB may also had a glance over his should before lashing out but the difference here was he was still being held when he exacted his "revenge" - I agree that it wouldn't be justified given what it cost the mexicans and because he was really just trying to free himself :wink:

Its difficult not to know where a player is if he is pulling your jumper from behind. Try it, get someone behind you and tell them to pull you back. From the direction you are being pulled you will know exactly where the person is.

NB: if you try the above experiment with your wife/partner PLEASE don't lash out. Remember you asked them to do it but you will discover how difficult it is not to throw an elbow or a backhander.

AS regards the POC incident my memory of both is that both hit out whilst being held. If as Cables says, SOB was not being held then he is in a whole different world of trouble albeit I still contend he was within his rights but not the laws of the game.