Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:You would like to think Coleraine has at least apologised to the ref

You would hope so - at least privately.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:You would like to think Coleraine has at least apologised to the ref
#metoo

In all seriousness all abuse towards referees needs clamped down on.... it is creeping in.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Sorry but I am not buying into this , so the Branch have went from a Zero sanction to £5k with £2k returned if no others similar actions, couple of things here are not right and would appear to be the Branch and Coleraine covering it up, I hope the media keep on this, who paid the hush money, was it to prevent a reputation in the local business community being protectEd, Coleraine have not been humble nor respecting of the rugby community, the Refs have accepted so it moves on, any abuse is wrong, but Coleraine have been Warren Gatland about this, I now have them with a passion and other clubs should make it known, to the ref, keep reffing don't give up, Coleraine don't represent anyone other than people from Warren Gatland
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Sorry but I am not buying into this , so the Branch have went from a Zero sanction to £5k with £2k returned if no others similar actions, couple of things here are not right and would appear to be the Branch and Coleraine covering it up, I hope the media keep on this, who paid the hush money, was it to prevent a reputation in the local business community being protectEd, Coleraine have not been humble nor respecting of the rugby community, the Refs have accepted so it moves on, any abuse is wrong, but Coleraine have been Warren Gatland about this, I now have them with a passion and other clubs should make it known, to the ref, keep reffing don't give up, Coleraine don't represent anyone other than people from Warren Gatland
Did they go from zero though? There was a fine originally, albeit suspended, was there not?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What was said?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

BR wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Sorry but I am not buying into this , so the Branch have went from a Zero sanction to £5k with £2k returned if no others similar actions, couple of things here are not right and would appear to be the Branch and Coleraine covering it up, I hope the media keep on this, who paid the hush money, was it to prevent a reputation in the local business community being protectEd, Coleraine have not been humble nor respecting of the rugby community, the Refs have accepted so it moves on, any abuse is wrong, but Coleraine have been Warren Gatland about this, I now have them with a passion and other clubs should make it known, to the ref, keep reffing don't give up, Coleraine don't represent anyone other than people from Warren Gatland
Did they go from zero though? There was a fine originally, albeit suspended, was there not?
BR, stop being so f8cking pedantic FFS, there was a fine, £2000 but suspended ( as the Branch has mostlys done ie fined £2000 but suspended for 12 months without any monies taken) so really there was no actual fine even you would agree that's a fudge, so its now £5K taken up front with £2K being paid back in 2 years if no similar incidents ????? any way

Coleraine i believe have had a coach suspended from the pitchside for abuse (i am open to correction , so it was not a one off they had recent form, it does not matter if it was a Ref, a player or another spectator , what concerns me is the closing of ranks, i hope that this one does not go away.

Even you must think how have they reached that amount from effectively £0. the fact ALL parties would not comment on the apology would indicate a deal was struck and only after media questions to all parties have the IRFU got involved and stated an apology was given, Coleraine still refuse to comment on the apology interesting their PR man would put Finlay to shame his CV as follows:
Milne Rowntree
Lecturer in Journalism / Journalist
Belfast, United Kingdom
Higher Education
Current:National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), University of Ulster, Diversity Challenges
Available for weddings May to August only
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Zero suggests no liability found Suspended fine suggests otherwise. So less of a jump in position. That was all I was suggesting.

I wonder did Coleraine accept the original fine on the basis it was probably zero in monetary terms, but may not have been so keen to accept the Branch's account of the incident had they known it would become £3k.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Problem for coleraine was one of their main sponsors was one of the spectators giving the abuse and wouldn’t back down
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Every one knows that , feck the guy running their PR makes Finlay look good.