Elwood

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Re: Elwood

Post by pythagoras »

The Boo Radleys wrote:BBC notes...
Galway native and former Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan is among those tipped to succeed Elwood.
Eddie may live in Galway but he's a Cork native.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

EOS could be very good for Connacht. By all accounts, he is a good technical coach, he has his faults but who hasn't.

Maybe Declan Kidney will be available come May? :stir:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

mikerob wrote:EOS could be very good for Connacht. By all accounts, he is a good technical coach, he has his faults but who hasn't.

Maybe Declan Kidney will be available come May? :stir:

Mike that's a terrible post wanting any of those two placed in charge of our western brethern, did you get you tyres slashed in Galway or something..... :wink:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote:
The Boo Radleys wrote:BBC notes...
Galway native and former Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan is among those tipped to succeed Elwood.
I'm assuming you are saying that without pride?

Probably unfair, Eddie just suffered teh fate of most coaches too long in a job, stale & nothing new to bring to it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
I'm assuming you are saying that without pride?

Probably unfair, Eddie just suffered teh fate of most coaches too long in a job, stale & nothing new to bring to it.
Probably unfair alright. But it would be hard to imagine season ticket sales spiking in Galway on word of his appointment.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

mikerob wrote:Maybe Declan Kidney will be available come May? :stir:
It will be an interesting competition when Kidney 'becomes available' (nice euphemism :D I'm sure his agent will take note) between him and EOS as to who is the most unemployable :D

Of course maybe his many cheerleaders in Munster will put their money where their mouth is and insist that Penney be shown the door to let the great one back? Because I find it very hard to believe that their support is just provincial-partisan BS, with no actual substance or conviction. Very hard indeed. Sure they have 'honesty' and all sorts embroidered into their collars.

:lol:

(sorry couldn't help myself)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden