HEC Cup Final

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: HEC Cup Final

Post by Wee Woman »

Mac wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Bummer Mr Wray, this Heineken Cup isn't half unfair eh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WW you have been just itching to say that for the past seven weeks....... :cheers:
Too right Mac :lol:

But in fairness, if Sorries had have won that today it would have been a complete travesty. Justice was done.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Sarries beaten by a bigger cheque book apparently :roll:

Loads of their fans got stuck on the M4 on official coaches and missed the first half. They're blaming the club for poor organization.

Felt a bit sorry for them tbh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Sarries pulped :cheers: I am so happy, and still chuckling at the English commentators dismal exuses
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Sarries beaten by a bigger cheque book apparently :roll:

Loads of their fans got stuck on the M4 on official coaches and missed the first half. They're blaming the club for poor organization.

Bank holiday weekend and they didn't build in the normal traffic jams on that road is really poor organisation
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Glad Saracens DIDN'T win
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

big mervyn wrote:Sarries beaten by a bigger cheque book apparently :roll:

I had a saunter over to the Sarries forum and one of the contributors was stating how ironic it was that ERC was being slated for how they run the competition when their own, who had such a massive hand in the downfall of this competition, couldn't even get them to the biggest game in their history in CARDIFF ffs!

Also read quite a few Tweets from Sarries supporters to ERC begging them them delay the kick off as they were stuck on the coaches.

Shame ERC didn't see them... hmmmmm ;)
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Kelly Brown's eyebrows must set some sort of record surely?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Didn't hear a peep out of Sarries fans after 10 minutes in the game

Lots of neutrals decided Toulon should be supported after Sarries fans were acting like knobs with their flags. Not sitting down, constatly waving them

Anscombe Out
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Didn't hear a peep out of Sarries fans after 10 minutes in the game

Lots of neutrals decided Toulon should be supported after Sarries fans were acting like knobs with their flags. Not sitting down, constatly waving them

Anscombe Out
:lol: :lol: :lol: and some think we should sit when we are SUFTUM'ing
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Sarries are taking this Ulster wannabe thing too far. Anthems, flegs, standing up, getting stuffed in a HEC final ...

Where's it all going to end?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

incredible display of power from Toulon. it looked as though they saw everything Sarries could offer and then upped it considerably. Bastareaud had his best game I've seen him in for a while and even though I think he and his brother are glipes Steffon Armitage was fantastic.

I've a little bit of sympathy for Sarries. it was a bit like us v Leinster a few years back. you can beat everyone you come up against and still not be in the same league as your opponent in the final. The next few years will be akin to the Champions League...financial doping across the competition and the odd victory for the smaller teams. Not hugely looking forward to that atm.
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

@KevinBrennanMP: Congrats to Toulon - respect to Jonny Wilkinson but not the blokes from Henley around us who seemed to have no interest in the rugby at all.

Loved this tweet.. from a spectator who wasn't sure who to support before kick-off.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

I can't remember a final when a side hasn't even looked close to scoring a try.

While being no fan of moneybags Toulon, I was happy they stuffed Sarries, just a pity it couldn't have been by more.

I have disliked that team since we played them on a fractious friday night in the HEC a good few years ago.

Slap it in til them.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

fermain wrote:Billy Vunipola ... looks like a bad sport there, maybe he was burstin' for a pee!
Fermain.. A disgrace to walk off in that manner and to ignore Wilkinson says a lot.... Russ sorry to say but that team would have done the same if not worse to us... As snipe says watching defence on TV may not be the most exciting thing but we would not have got through that in 2 days of trying.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
fermain wrote:Billy Vunipola ... looks like a bad sport there, maybe he was burstin' for a pee!
Fermain.. A disgrace to walk off in that manner and to ignore Wilkinson says a lot.... Russ sorry to say but that team would have done the same if not worse to us... As snipe says watching defence on TV may not be the most exciting thing but we would not have got through that in 2 days of trying.
Not sure why you're bringing me into this

Anscombe Out