Montpellier watch.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Montpellier watch.

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Rooster wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Was it a Friday night? That would be cheating.... :lol:
Sunday afternoons are not great either :lol:
Did Cockers whinge or cry? Him and Malinder could be twins...
So really, only 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon, otherwise it's a conspiracy theory.. are they Munter in disguise? Perfidious English... oh, sorry, that's the French excuse, isn't it... :roll:
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Setanta wrote:Montpellier have a very strong squad and coaching team. I think Ulster and Leicester will be fighting it out for second place.
I reckon all 3 sides could be 4 out of 6, so bonus points will be crucial. This is a real group of death.. the hardest of the lot. And Treviso could be a big banana skin for someone too.. Even a draw to either Tiggers or Montpellier away could swing it. Insightful Iam :lol:
We will win 5, only a loss in France on our record.

22 points will win the group.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Setanta wrote:Montpellier have a very strong squad and coaching team. I think Ulster and Leicester will be fighting it out for second place.
I reckon all 3 sides could be 4 out of 6, so bonus points will be crucial. This is a real group of death.. the hardest of the lot. And Treviso could be a big banana skin for someone too.. Even a draw to either Tiggers or Montpellier away could swing it. Insightful Iam :lol:
Pool 1 is the group of death. I think the Saints and the Ospreys will fancy their chances against Leinster this season and that could make it a tight affair.

Montpellier team from Friday night if anybody is interested:
15. Anthony Floch, 14. Yoan Audrin, 13. Anthony Tuitavake, 12. Wynand Olivier, 11. Yohann Artru, 10. Francois Trinh-Duc, 9. Jonathan Pelissie; 1. Mikheil Nariashvili, 2. Charles Geli, 3. Maximiliano Bustos, 4. Jim Hamilton, 5. Bobins Tchale Watchou, 6. Fulgence Ouedraogo (c), 7. Alexandre Bias, 8. Alex Tulou.

16. Mickael Ivaldi, 17. Yvan Watremez, 18. Thibaut Privat, 19. Kelian Galletier, 20. Benoit Paillaugue, 21. Thomas Combezou, 22. Benoit Sicart, 23. Nicolas Mas.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fecking Big Jim!

Rory will be pooing himself.

Nicolas Mas covering wing and fullback?
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

BOPB 19 v 12 Montpellier.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Saw some highlights of this one earlier. Montpellier had 5 separate potential tries disallowed by the video. With even a little bit of luck it looked like they would have won this game easily and tbh, they should have beaten Toulon last week as well.

Think they've got Brive next week. With zero wins from 2 they need to get a win there to get their campaign on track in the top 14 and to avoid the risk of a lack of confidence setting in.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Oh, heaven forfend!! :D
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Not a very different Montpellier side to the one that played Toulon either:

15. Anthony Floch, 14. Lucas Dupont, 13. Anthony Tuitavake, 12. Wynand Olivier, 11. Yohann Artru, 10. Francois Trinh-Duc, 9. Jonathan Pelissie; 1. Mikheil Nariashvili, 2. Charles Geli, 3. Maximiliano Bustos, 4. Jim Hamilton, 5. Robins Tchale-Watchou, 6. Fulgence Ouedraogo, 7. Alexandre Bias, 8. Alex Tulou.

16. Mickael Ivaldi, 17. Yvan Watremez, 18. Thibaut Privat, 19. Kelian Galletier, 20. Benoit Paillaugue, 21. Hamish Gard, 22. Benoit Sicart, 23. Nicolas Mas.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

From PlanetRugby:
Montpellier 33-24 Brive

How do you lose a game? Conceding four yellow cards - as Brive did - is a good start. How you throw game away, as Montpellier almost did? You switch off before the final whistle.

An important home win for Montpellier sees Fabien Galthié's team climb off the foot of the table and rejoin the pacesetters, but there will be some stern words after Brive scored three unanswered tries in the final quarter to deny Montpellier a bonus point.

The hosts were 12-3 ahead at the interval thanks to three penalties from scrum-half Benoit Paillaugue and a drop from François Trinh-Duc.

The start of the second half was a nightmare for Brive, especially at scrum-time, as their front row buckled and Montpellier cruised to a 33-3 lead.

The final 15 minutes however belonged to the visitors, who came roaring back but fell just short of a losing bonus point.

15. Anthony Floch, 14. Timoci Nagusa, 13. Anthony Tuitavake, 12. Wynand Olivier, 11. Lucas Dupont, 10. Francois Trinh-Duc, 9. Benoit Paillaugue; 1. Yvan Watremez, 2. Mickael Ivaldi, 3. Nicolas Mas, 4. Jim Hamilton, 5. Thibaut Privat, 6. Fulgence Ouedraogo (c), 7. Kelian Galletier, 8. Alex Tulou.

16. Charles Geli, 17. Mikheil Nariashvili, 18. Mickael de Marco, 19. Alexandre Bias, 20. Eric Escande, 21. Hamish Gard, 22. Benoit Sicard, 23. Barry Fa'amausili.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Midweek round of games in the top 14

Union Bordeaux-Bègles 29-36 Montpellier
Stade André Moga

Probably the most influential result of Round Four, Montpellier were able to get the job done were Toulouse had failed ten days ago.

Fabien Galthié's team claimed their first win on the road this season thanks to three opportunistic tries.

Two tries on the counterattack from wing Yoan Audrin helped Montpellier to a 23-16 lead at the interval before defending bravely in the second period to hold on for a crucial win.

For Montpellier:
Tries: Audrin 2, Combezou
Cons: Paillaugue 3
Pens: Paillaugue 3, Pelissie
Yellow cards: Bias

Montpellier: 15 Benoit Sicart, 14 Yoan Audrin, 13 Thomas Combezou, 12 Hamish Gard, 11 Yohann Artru, 10 Enzo Selponi, 9 Benoit Paillaugue, 8 John Beattie, 7 Kelian Galletier, 6 Alexandre Bias, 5 Bobins Tchale Watchou, 4 Mickael de Marco, 3 Maximiliano Bustos, 2 Charles Geli, 1 Mikheil Nariashvili.
Replacements: 16 Mickael Ivaldi, 17 Yvan Watremez, 18 Thibaut Privat, 19 Fulgence Ouedraogo, 20 Jonathan Pelissie, 21 Anthony Tuitavake, 22 Timoci Nagusa, 23 Nicolas Mas.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Wins on the road appear to be very rare in the Top14 so any away win is very valuable. Montpellier have shot from bottom at one point and are now at 5th.

I was hoping that they might be struggling in Top14 and therefore they would give less piorrity to the HEC.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Neill_M wrote: For Montpellier:
Tries: Audrin 2, Combezou
Cons: Paillaugue 3
Pens: Paillaugue 3, Pelissie
Yellow cards: Bias
They have a player called Bias :shock: Suppose it make a change from a referee :stir: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

There's only about 4 points between 3rd and 12th in the Top14 though. One loss could drop a side 4 or 5 places.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Montpellier on BT sport tonight at 6pm against Toulouse. Looks like match in full albeit delayed as ko is in the afternoon. Followed by Stade Francais vs Clermont live.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bart S wrote:Montpellier on BT sport tonight at 6pm against Toulouse. Looks like match in full albeit delayed as ko is in the afternoon. Followed by Stade Francais vs Clermont live.
Anyone find any online methods of watching BT Sport matches yet ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best