EOS to Biarritz

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Samstew
Squire

EOS to Biarritz

Post by Samstew »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27422486

Former Ireland coach O'Sullivan joins Biarritz

Eddie O'Sullivan has been appointed as the new head coach of French side Biarritz Olympique.
The former Ireland coach has agreed a two-year contract with the Basque club, who were relegated from the French top flight this season.
The 55-year-old has not held a full-time coaching role since leaving the United States Eagles in 2011.
Biarritz said O'Sullivan had turned down an offer from Munster in favour of a move to France.
There was speculation that O'Sullivan, who hails from County Cork, would join the Irish province as a backs coach.
O'Sullivan quit as Ireland coach in 2008 after winning three Triple Crowns during his seven years in charge.
He started his second spell in charge of US Eagles in 2009 but left two years later, saying he wanted to "consider options closer to home".
Biarritz are five-time French champions and won the title three times between 2002 and 2006, and were also runners-up in the Heineken Cup in 2006 and 2010.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: EOS to Biarritz

Post by Jackie Brown »

Glad to see, good luck to him. Never his biggest fan but he hasn't deserved this long out.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Glad to see, good luck to him. Never his biggest fan but he hasn't deserved this long out.
I'd have taken him on a 12 month contract
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Good riddance

Sent from my Brennan
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Despite everything it shouldn't be forgotten that Eddie is a decent coach, I believe he is probably better with a week on week gig than in international rugby.

I hope he does well.

Worst case? We've dodged a bullet. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think he'll struggle to bounce BO back up next season; I wonder if he can do it in 2 seasons does he have an option on a 3rd year.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

It would be good to see them bounce back up. A proper rugby club, town & supporters!! A shame that big money backers are ruining some of the old style proper rivalries in France!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:It would be good to see them bounce back up. A proper rugby club, town & supporters!! A shame that big money backers are ruining some of the old style proper rivalries in France!!
But you could say the same about many pro d2 clubs who have been missing from the top flight for longer. Clubs that have been down in fed league and are only now climbing back up. Beziers was one of the most rugby orientated towns I've ever visited. Anybody remember Colomiers? (I also have to admit having a soft spot for USAP, who I think WILL bounce)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Despite everything it shouldn't be forgotten that Eddie is a decent coach, I believe he is probably better with a week on week gig than in international rugby.

I hope he does well.

Worst case? We've dodged a bullet. :lol:
Ruined the golden generation.
Can never forgive him for that and shows the difference in Schmidts quality when he gets a championship out of them when most are on their last legs.
EOS could not get one championship despite having them in their prime and the woeful standard in the 6 nations from 2003 onwards.
As for World Cups dont go there.
Shocking and please no one go on about triple crowns again because it doesnt cut the mustard in the modern game.
England got one this year, whoop de fecken do.
Last edited by bazzaj on Thu May 15, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

You can see how bad a manager EoS was by virtue of the fact Ireland's worst ever coach came after him and achieved a championship

Sent from my Brennan
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

That too
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Russ wrote:You can see how bad a manager EoS was by virtue of the fact Ireland's worst ever coach came after him and achieved a championship

Sent from my Crozier
Complete shi.te.

Ireland's most successful coach, can't argue with a Slam and unbeaten calendar year.

O'Sullivan is not my cup of tea but I'd imagine he has learnt a lot since his fall from grace. What he did with Ireland in the end was a bloody embarrassment but he was a good coach initially. The invention shown for Howe's try against the Boks was a genuine thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BuckRogers wrote:
Russ wrote:You can see how bad a manager EoS was by virtue of the fact Ireland's worst ever coach came after him and achieved a championship

Sent from my Crozier
Complete shi.te.

Ireland's most successful coach, can't argue with a Slam and unbeaten calendar year.

O'Sullivan is not my cup of tea but I'd imagine he has learnt a lot since his fall from grace. What he did with Ireland in the end was a bloody embarrassment but he was a good coach initially. The invention shown for Howe's try against the Boks was a genuine thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can with a 40% win rate

EoS was good up until the wc07 and fell apart

Simply because he was a Warren Gatland

Sent from my Brennan
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Hope he does well. Shame to see Biarritz down and hope they get back up quickly.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Yea BR I couldn't agree more. Beziers & USAP are 2 cracking examples. How many seasons before Touloouse are fighting relegation?

I still wish EOS all the best. I've a soft spot for Biarritz ... Aupa BO!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!